SIXTY

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "You let the girl live."

Sitting up straighter, I glared back. "She wasn't home, and I wasn't going to hunt her down. She is six fucking years old."

"Then you should have waited until she was home," he hissed, moving to the edge of his chair. "I don't care if she was six or twenty-six. She is his family and therefore should be dead—"

"You make it seem like that one girl has any power," I snapped back at him. He needed to calm the fuck down before I stabbed him here and now.

He stared at me as if I had lost my mind. "She is the daughter of a cop, a blue blood. She isn't a threat now, but what about in twenty years when she is out of the academy? She will be like a bloodhound looking for revenge. Children grow up, and unless you know something I don't, we are going to be around in twenty years. I will not have the past bite us in the ass. After all, look at you. You were six once, and what happened to you then changed your life forever. You are the last person I thought I would ever have to explain who we are or what we do."

He stood up and kissed me on the side of the check harshly for those who might still be watching, before whispering, "Stay here, my mother has arrived. I will take care of it."

He fucking sounded disappointed in me. Who does this motherfucking bitch think he is? Did he just sit me? I was the fucking Boss, and I sure as hell didn't take orders. Eunha, Jisoo, and Evelyn walked in with a whole group of other charity woman before I could beat his head in. Each one of them smiled and laughed as though they were breathing a different sort of air.

"Ladies, isn't my youngest, handsome?" Evelyn said, giving Taehyung a big hug.

Taehyung laughed but it was his fake laugh, the one he did for crowds. "The most handsome, some say."

They all laughed at him while I eyed his skin, wondering where would be the best place to impale him.

"The cockiest as well." Evelyn grinned.

"I shall take that compliment." He winked at a few of the older ladies, forcing me to act like an embarrassed wife and smack him in the chest. I was not in the mood to play this stupid game.

"We've had our breakfast. Honey, don't you have business to take care off?" I dug my nails into his skin but the bitch didn't even flinch.

"You all had breakfast already?" Eunha asked us, looking to our table as waiters cleared it and added a new table to make room.

"Sorry, ladies, only God knows when I would see her again after she disappears with you all. I had to at least start my morning with her." Taehyung charmed is way into the cougars' arms. They eyed him like he was a god himself. Both their facial expressions and his words made me want to puke.

"Young love." Jisoo laughed, causing me to glare at her.

"Goodbye, Taehyung ."

"It's already begun." Taehyung laughed, kissing my hand. "I know when I'm not wanted."