FIFTEEN

"Do I look like James fucking Bond?" I smiled. It was a compliment, and he didn't even know it.

He glared, realizing his slip only a moment later. "No. More like a black widow."

"Even better." I laughed, looking out my window. It did have a self-destruct switch, but he didn't need to know that.

Leaning back, I allowed myself to drift, trying to forget about the beautiful asshole beside me and the world he was taking me to. Gone was the underground secret life, where no one knew who Min Y/N was, and I could just be Y/N, the fucking Boss. Gone were my days of absolute freedom. Marriage was a horrible, horrible idea, and I should have said no to my father, but the bastard had me locked into it. I had to think on the bright side—no more wasted money or blood as we try to get our drugs from South America into Japan and then the rest of Korea. No more wars in the middle of downtown Daegu or Gwangju. The amount of money I . . . we . . . would make now was so fucking ridiculous it would make Bill fucking Gates shit bricks.

When Taehyung's hand took mine, I jumped, pulling a knife from my thigh before either of us could even blink. He stared at me wide-eyed, then smirked at the large blade in my grip before looking at my thigh. I could see the question perfectly—how the fuck did I have it so well hidden?

"It's time," he said, nodding out the window at all the cameras waiting just outside a pair of black iron gates with a K in the center. I hadn't even noticed that we had arrived, and now all the Kims and media were waiting on us.

Sliding the hem of my dress up, I slid the knife back into its holster only to find Taehyung trying to burn a hole in me with his gaze.

"I killed the last man who looked at me like that," I said, waiting to see the disgust at my words, but only saw more lust. He was getting excited, and the last thing we needed was that in print. "For the love of God, control yourself Kim. Your mother, the woman who whipped your ass as a child, is waiting for you."

That did it.

"Try not to be a bitch," he snapped as he tapped on the window, signaling the driver to open the door.

The moment it did, camera flashes assaulted us. Taehyung pulled me closer to him, his arm around my waist, and I used the opportunity to try to fix his sex hair. He kissed my cheek when I was done, causing reporters to throw as many questions as possible at us. I wanted to flip them off, but Taehyung squeezed my hand, and I smiled squeezing back. To them we looked like lovesick fools. If they only knew.

A stunningly beautiful woman, who could only be Taehyung 's mother, stepped forward from the clan behind her. "Taehyung , put some room between you and the poor girl, we are Catholic for goodness sake."

She pulled me into a tight hug, and I knew where Jin got it from. These people needed to stop touching me.

"Mrs. Kim, it's such a pleasure to meet you. Taehyung could not stop ranting and raving about you," I said as politely as possible.

"Please call me Evelyn, my sweetheart." She smiled brighter than the sun. "You have no idea how long I have waited to meet you, and no wonder your father hid you away, you are so beautiful, Miss Min."

I dropped my head for effect before smiling. "Thank you Mrs . . . Evelyn, but please just call me Y/N. Even though my name doesn't fit my personality at all."

Nodding in pleasure as she pulled me forward. From the corner of my eye, I saw the shocked look on Taehyung 's face.

Just because I hated the fucking role didn't mean I couldn't play it.

He wasn't the only one surprised. Namjoon and Jin looked at me in confusion, before looking at each other to make sure they weren't insane. Minho just nodded at me with approval, looking a tab bit impressed.

"Y/N, these are my other two daughters, Jisoo, Jin's wife." The Barbie, with her long gold hair and bright blue eyes glared at me but shook my hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

"Wow, you're so beautiful," I said, smiling.

Her eyes lit up like she had found the true meaning of Christmas. "Thanks," she said.

Next was Eunha, the rather cute, glowing woman with a wide smile on her face.

"Hi. I'm Eunha. I'm glad to finally met you." She couldn't contain herself from pulling me into yet another hug.

What the hell was up with these damn people?

"Oh my, Italian silk, very nice." She grinned when she pulled back saying, "Oh, my God, and the shoes! There is walk-heel-ton for charity next Saturday, you should join me."

She wants me to ruin my shoes for charity?

"Hi, Eunha." I smiled at her. "Everyone is so nice. Thank you for welcoming me into your home. You have no idea how nervous I've been."

I heard Jin hold back a cough.

Eunha grabbed on to my free arm, while Jisoo just smiled, clearly finding no threat in me whatsoever. Just like the rest of them.

"Come, Y/N, we will make sure the rest of the family doesn't overwhelm you too much." Evelyn smiled, leading me to the manor. It was the exact opposite of my home, sadly. Kim Manor was a modern day fortress. Beyond the cream marble floors that stretched for as far as the eye could see, the double grand stair cases framed with black iron, and the engraved wooden French doors, there was nothing but forty-six thousand square feet of illegal activity. There were no statues, barely any plants, and only modern paintings. Everything was simple, crisp, and clean.

I wanted to puke. For eighty-five million, I expected more.

"I'm sorry." I paused, her words only now catching up to me. "The rest of the family?"

"Taehyung wanted to make sure you weren't overwhelmed by too many new faces at your wedding on Sunday. So he thought it would be best to have you meet everyone now." Jisoo smiled. They all smiled, as if they were talking about five or ten people.

But I knew the Kim Clan considered between ninety to hundred people their family. My Min line was mostly gone. I didn't deal with that many people anywhere, with the exception of my men.

Turning around, Taehyung was grinning like a fucking cat with a ball of yarn, and I knew then that I should have killed him in my basement. He winked, and I was tempted to lose my cool, but I wouldn't give him the pleasure.

"If they are as welcoming I think, I can make it, but please don't leave me completely alone. I really wouldn't want to insult anyone."

Eunha smiled. Again with the fucking smiles. "Y/N, you are family. We wouldn't throw you to the wolves without giving you a spear."

Please give me a fucking spear. I knew whose heart I wanted to throw it through.

Allowing them to pull me away farther down the boring halls and out a set of large French doors, which opened to a large grass lawn, now covered in white tents. At least a hundred people sat drinking, laughing, and stuffing their faces with food. Music roared from an old French band staged by the trees, and when I said old, I meant old. With full-length white beards, they played their handcrafted instruments for the crowd.

For the love of God.

"Don't be nervous," Evelyn said. "You're young and beautiful. They already love you. And those who don't will have to because you are Taehyung's."

I'm my fucking own, I wanted to yell at her. And I wasn't nervous. I was pissed. I wanted to play whack-a-mole with all these motherfuckers heads. But instead, I just smiled and walked outside.