THIRTY FIVE

"Yeah, we simply fail to defend them," I replied, knowing full well it would shut him up. However, he simply turned to me.

"How long are we going to do this Taehyung? It's been almost two decades!"

"When I said I would never forgive you"—I took another bite—"I meant not in ten, twenty, or even eighty years. We share DNA, nothing more."

"Taehyung!" Evelyn shouted. "I'm not sure what happened between you two, but Jin is right. It's time to make peace."

"Jin, would you like to tell our mother what happened between us?" I asked him, waiting. The coward had never told either of our parents what he had done to me as a child. Part of me believed Minho knew, even though he had never let on.

Jin nodded slowly to himself before standing up and walking to the door.

"Jin," Y/N said, calling after him. His back straightened before he turned to her.

"Pack your bag. I have something planned for the week. We leave tomorrow after mass," she said, not bothering to look at him.

He left quickly, causing Jisoo to stand up as well.

"Are you happy?" Jisoo asked.

I turned to Y/N. "Well, love, are you happy?"

"No." She frowned at my use of love. "I would be happier if you passed the peas," she said, pretending not to even notice Jisoo.

Eunha, who had kept her head down and mouth shut this whole time, surprisingly reached over and handed them to her. I looked over to Namjoon to find him glaring at her, and I knew that look. Eunha had most likely gone through another credit card saving the hungry children of fill in the blank . . . it had only been two weeks. People were going to start questioning where all this money was coming from. At least we looked good. He was pissed. Maybe I would let him kill the police officer just to release some stress.

"You all sicken me," Jisoo hissed.

"You're still here?" Y/N asked, acting confused as she added peas to her plate. Jisoo stormed out, and I was fucking grateful. I was already in a small battle with my wife, the police, and Jihun. The last thing I needed was Jisoo and Jin drama.

"What are you two planning?" my father asked, simply.

"Camp," Y/N and I said at the same time.

"Camp?" Eunha's head popped up. If I remembered correctly, Eunha actually liked the outdoors.

"No women," I said without thinking, causing her to look at Y/N. Y/N's eyes narrowed.

"Only those who are part of the job, Eun."

Eunha looked surprised at the nickname, as did everyone else. "Eun?" she asked.

"I'm still working on a nickname for you." Y/N smiled. It wasn't real, but it was better than the glare she gave Jisoo. I could see the mischief she was spinning in her eyes, and I wasn't sure whether to be afraid or groan in awe of her.

"So this camp?" Evelyn asked, unsure. If it was criminal, she didn't want to know, but she was interested.

"Basically, it's bonding for the men, or I plan on killing them all." Y/N smiled, which only made her threat more deadly and sexy. The fact that I knew she would made me want her, made me want to give her the gun and pull the trigger alongside her. However, she just rolled her eyes at my lust.

"Camp," Minho repeated. "Maybe I should—"

"Sorry, Minho, but that invitation isn't for you either. You are the past, and as much as I respect it, and you, my men need to walk forward as one." My jaw almost came off as I stared between Y/N and my father, who glared at her with fire in his eyes. However, they were no match for hers and only made her seem even stronger. Minho shook his head and sighed.

She said my not ours.

Namjoon leaned into me. "When she wakes up in the morning, the devil curses."

"We both do," I muttered. How the fuck did she do it? How the fuck was she able to call forth hell and heaven in her eyes? I was in awe of her so often it pissed me off. I could hear Hyunbin's words in the back of my mind. 'You won't find a woman who needs to be taught anything'. He was right. She could rule without me. She wanted to rule without me. She didn't need me, and it ticked me off. She ticked me off, and once again, because of her, I always needed to think. She confused the fuck out of my goddamn emotions and me. I felt like a teenager again—unsure if I wanted to fuck her or punch a wall.

"Well then, daughter, I wouldn't want to get in your way. After all, you will rule the world one day," Minho joked, though I'm sure he partially believed it.

She smirked. "One day soon, hopefully. I have placed all the pieces in order. Nothing will stand in my way. I've worked too hard for that."

"Don't overwork." Evelyn frowned. "I still think you and Taehyung should have taken a honeymoon."

"That would have been pointless. Taehyung and I got married for the company. A honeymoon would have wasted time." She frowned at the idea of it. She frowned at the idea of me.

Running my hands through my hair, I sighed before rising from my seat.

"I'm not feeling well. Goodnight," I told them all, walking away. I needed to remember I was just a piece to her.

Y/N'S POV

I watched him leave in shock. He looked like he was so lost in his thoughts that he made himself sick. I wasn't sure if I should stay or follow after him. What did wives do in these situations? Maybe he needed a moment. Evelyn met my eyes, and I could almost feel her pushing me to the door. Sighing, I stood and wished them all a good night before walking out as well. What the hell was I supposed to say to him?

Honey, are you okay? Fuck no.

Taehyung , what the fuck was that? Then we would fight.

Taehyung , are you okay? He would try to have sex.

"Y/N?"

Turning around quickly, I came face to face with Eun.

"Yes?" I shouted, causing her to jump. She was so sweet, I almost felt sorry for her, but she needed a spine and quickly.

"Umm . . . I was wondering . . . umm . . . "

"Ahh, I hate when people waste words. What's wrong with you?" The Eunha I met was living high off glue and unicorns. This one seemed liked she had been roundhouse kicked off cloud nine.

She took a deep breath and stood straighter, which was still quite short

"I'm losing Namjoon," she stated directly.

"That sucks," I replied. "Evelyn is the other way for couples counseling."

She glared at me before shaking her head. "I don't need Evelyn's help, I need yours. Ever since you came, Namjoon has been looking at me differently . . . like an annoyance."

"That could be the constant giving, you're rarely with him. So again, Evelyn . . ."

"Y/N—and I am going to call you Y/Niee because we are family and you can't kill me."

"Are you sure?" Namjoon was going to have to get a new wife if she didn't get to the point soon.

"Only in this family would charity work be deemed a flaw." She sighed. "But they notice me. They see me. Every time I write a check, help rebuild a house or a community center, you should see their faces. It's like I'm an angel to them, I'm important, needed. Do you know what that feels like? How it feels to be praised like that?"