"You just want your girlfriend here." I joked while Julia opened a bag of makeup.

"Partly the reason." He confirmed. I laughed and shook my head while Julia clipped the front pieces of my hair back to apply my makeup.

I smiled to myself, feeling happy that I would get to see my family even for a little while.

-

I stepped in front of the mirror in the hallway and my eyes immediately went to the dress. The square neckline showed off just enough cleavage while the lined crepe fabric hugged my body, accentuating my curves as the slit detail stopped at mid thigh to show off my right leg. I studied the makeup on my face, finding that the makeup made my best features pop and the neatly-done loose curls finished off the look perfectly.

I sighed and stepped into the living room where Rick was waiting for me.

"I really don't want to do this." I muttered as he turned around to face me.

I watched as his eyes met mine before widening as they scanned down my body before back up to my eyes. I quickly found myself admiring him as my eyes studied the clean, cut suit along with his nicely groomed hair and beard.

"Wow." He muttered.

"Wow!" Judith gushed as she looked up from her coloring book.

"You look pretty." Carl complimented while holding Magnolia in his arms.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Is the dress too much?" I asked as Rick remained silent and continued eyeing me.

"N-no. You look good." He stuttered while looking to my eyes.

"I haven't dressed up like this in years. Kinda forgot what it felt like." I replied while stepping into the hall.

"Where's Maggie and the others? Did they make it here yet?" I asked while following him to the door.

"They're already there." He answered while opening the door for me.

"At the dinner?" I inquired.

"Yeah." He replied as we stepped onto the street.

I walked in silence most of the way while the dread continued to build the closer we got to the venue.

"This feels so stupid." I mumbled as I followed Rick to the tall, brick building with lights strung above our heads as we made our way under an archway to the door.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Grimes! I'll show you to your seats." One man dressed in a black suit told us as we entered the building.

Eyes immediately glued to me and Rick as we made our way through the large dining area that was decorated with beautiful lantern lights and gold decor.

I ignored the whispers as we walked by many tables and finally saw a familiar group of people.

"Holy shit!" Maggie exclaimed as her eyes landed on me as we approached the table. My eyes immediately went to Negan who sat by Tara before flashing back to Maggie and Carol.

"You look so hot!" Maggie hissed as she stood up and gave me a quick hug.

"So do you! I'll be back in a few minutes." I told her while quickly pulling away to catch up with Rick.

I quickly caught up to Rick and stood awkwardly behind him as we reached our table. My eyes glanced to the old man who I assumed was the Vice President then to his wife, then to who I assumed was his daughter.

"Rick, this is my daughter Kayla." The old man told Rick while shaking his hand. "And you've met my wife."

"Nice to meet you." Rick told the short blonde as he shook her hand.