Chapter 42

-

"Good morning." I greeted Rick as his eyes fluttered open and his arms tightened around me.

"Good morning it is." He replied, a small smile crossing his lips after our eyes met.

"You overslept." I stated, glancing at the clock on his nightstand table.

"Because you kept me up all night." He replied, smirking.

"Guilty." I replied, throwing the covers off of me.

I picked my clothes up from the floor and quickly pulled on my t-shirt and pajama shorts while Rick rolled out of bed.

"Dad!" Carl yelled, knocking rapidly on Rick's bedroom door.

"What?" Rick asked, walking over to the door.

"It's Daryl. Carol said they were fishing and Daryl went to find more worms and she heard a vehicle pull up at the road. She heard Daryl yell for her and once she got up the bank, they were throwing Daryl into the back of a van and they sped off." Carl explained, his words falling from his mouth fifty miles a minute.

"Oh God." I breathed, feeling immense fear for Daryl.

"Where's Carol?" Rick asked, quickly buckling his belt.

"She's out front with Glenn." Carl answered.

Carl and Rick quickly left the room and I darted across the hall to get ready. Once I fixed my hair and changed my clothes, I quickly grabbed my backpack and left my room.

"I'm heading out with Carol, Glenn and Abraham. I'll be back later. Can you take over until I get back?" He asked, meeting me on the porch.

"I was going to go out and help, but yeah, I can do that." I replied, nodding my head.

"Thank you." He replied, our eyes meeting as he handed me an extra walkie talkie. My heart tugged, noticing the fear and worry in his eyes.

"Be careful please," I ordered, grabbing his hand as he turned away. "I love you."

"I love you." He replied. I quickly pressed my lips to his before pulling away and releasing his hand.

"He's gonna be fine. You'll find him." I assured him as he walked onto the street.

I sighed, feeling worry build up inside of me as Rick met with Glenn, Carol, and Abraham.

"Hey." Maggie greeted me, worry also evident on her face.

"Hey." I sighed.

"Have you heard about Daryl?" She asked.

"Yeah. It's awful." I replied, crossing my arms.

"Who do you think took him?" She inquired.

"My first thought was Negan and the Saviors." I replied.

"Mine too." She muttered.

I watched as Rick, Carol, Glenn, and Abraham walked out of the front entrance before the gate closed behind them.

"They'll find him." Maggie stated, looking to me.

"Yeah, they will." I replied.