Chapter 91

-

"How's Judith?" Negan asked me as I approached him.

"She's good." I answered as I stood a couple feet away from him while he hammered a nail into a two-by-four.

"White Oak still standing, huh?" He questioned as he pulled a nail out of the pouch on his hip.

"Yep." I muttered.

"How's Lana?" He asked, glancing up at me with a stupid smirk on his lips.

"Fuck you." I ordered.

"Name a time and place and I'll be there." He joked before giving me a cheeky grin.

"Your house. Tonight." I replied as his eyes met mine.

"I'm joking, Tolliver." He stated as he hammered another nail.

"I'm not." I replied as I crossed my arms. He turned and studied my eyes a bit before glancing behind me only to return his full attention to me shortly after.

"What's got into you?" He asked.

"Nothing and that's the problem." I replied as I returned a grin.

"Damn. What defines 'tonight'?" He joked as he looked to his watch.

"You'll just have to wait up for me." I replied as I glanced over to the barn where Rick and Glenn stood talking.

"I can do that." He stated as he handed me his hammer.

"You sure? I thought old people went to bed early." I replied, tilting my head to the side.

"What's with you calling me old?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You're forgetful, you're grumpy as hell, and you got some gray hair peeking through." I answered as I placed my hand in his hair and ruffled it up.

"What about ED? You got that yet?" I asked, smirking as he slowly turned to face me.

"ED?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"You know... erectile dysfunction." I answered while crossing my arms.

"I know what ED is and there is nothing dysfunctional with my erection." He replied as he took a step toward me.

"Hmm. Must've missed ya then." I replied as I looked down at the bulge in his pants.

"Hmm." He mocked while narrowing his eyes at me.

"You're the reason for the gray hair. Actually, all of those things." He stated.

"Me?" I inquired.

"We could sneak off right now, you know." He offered as he took the hammer from my hand.

"Nah. I'm gonna make you wait." I replied, smiling innocently.

"Sorry I'm late." Lincoln apologized as he ran up to us.

"Didn't expect anything else from you." Negan replied as he handed him a hammer.

"Hey, Jess." Lincoln acknowledged me.

"Hi." I replied, briefly glancing at him.

"How's your daughter?" He inquired.

"She's good." I answered.

"I heard about you and Rick. I know how it feels to be screwed over. If you need someone to talk to I've got a good shoulder to cry on." He replied as he patted his shoulder with his hand.

"I'm good." I replied dryly as I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Hey, if there's a day you wanna get out of here for a little while I'm your guy. I know the best hiking trails around here with some really good views to get your mind off things." He offered before kneeling down and hammering a nail into a board.