Chapter 89

-

I brought my knees up to my chest and rest my head on my knees while I cried about the man from today, cried about the damn cow, cried about the love me and Rick used to have, cried about Judith being excited about her family being together again, and cried about Maggie wanting me to co-lead with her again.

My chest felt tight while my head spun with different thoughts all at once. I lied back on the cold ground and gazed up at the starry sky through my tears. I placed my hand over my heart, feeling my heart pounding against my chest.

"Are you saying the pledge of allegiance?" Glenn asked, staring down at me.

"Yes, Glenn. That's exactly what I'm doing." I answered sarcastically.

"You okay?" He inquired as I sat up.

"Yeah." I muttered.

"You've been crying." He observed as he sat down beside me.

"Just needed to let some emotions out." I sighed.

"Over you and Rick?" He inquired.

"Little bit, yeah." I mumbled as I wiped my damp cheeks with my hands.

"You can talk to me about it... if you want." He replied, nudging my arm with his elbow.

"I just miss the simpler times. I miss staying up late talking to him about random shit. I miss slow dancing with him to the shitty old country music he'd play. I miss falling asleep with him and waking up beside him. I miss laughing with him. I miss watching sunsets with him. I miss making him laugh. I miss—"

"Why can't you have those things now?" He inquired to interrupt me.

"We don't mesh anymore. We're like oil and water now. I don't know when it changed and I don't know why it changed." I sighed.

"You don't trust him either. That's a big part of the problem, Jess." Glenn replied.

"But you've seen how he's done me. How am I supposed to trust him?" I inquired.

"I know he's hurt you in the past, and I know you don't trust him fully. But I've seen the way he looks at you, talks about you, protects you... hell, he saved your life. That man would do anything for you. If you truly want it to work, you've got to throw the past out. You have to work through it together, not against each other." He answered as he placed his palms on the grass behind him and leaned back.

"I have feelings for Negan." I blurted, watching as his eyes widened.

"You what?" He hissed, his eyes glued to mine.

"I told Rick, too. Kinda. I don't know, Glenn. I do not know." I rambled as I placed my head in my hands.

"I hate to be Captain Obvious, but that's the other big part of the problem!" He hissed again.

"Don't you think I know that?" I asked, looking at him.

"You've got a major problem." He replied, his eyebrows an inch higher than usual.

"You're supposed to help me, not stress me out even more." I ordered.

"Is it like... love feelings or flingy feelings?" He asked.