Chapter 46

-

"Stop. Stop and listen to me." Rick ordered, entering my room behind me.

"What is their to hear?" I snapped, turning around to face him.

"My side of the story instead of believing the shit she said." He fired back.

"How can I not believe what I just saw with my own eyes? Yeah, my mind is just drumming up you welcoming Jessie into our house, Jessie sleeping in our bed for three nights, and her red thong under your side of the bed." I replied, fighting back tears as I threw my backpack onto the bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"It's none of your business anymore." I stated, strapping my holster around my thigh.

"It is my business. You're still recovering and you're not leaving while you're upset." He snapped, taking my pistol from me.

"Oh, like you fucking care." I scoffed, choosing to leave my room to get away from him.

"Stop." He ordered, wrapping his hand around my arm.

"How do you explain that, Rick? How do you explain any of that?" I asked, looking up at him.

"She set that up, Jess. Ask Carl. She hasn't been here at all. She knew you were getting discharged today and she came here and set all of that up while we were gone. Shit, I was with you two nights out of the three you were in the infirmary. You seriously think I'd let her in here and her do all that shit? I would never do anything to disrespect you or let her disrespect you." He explained.

"Yeah, makes perfect sense." I replied sarcastically.

"Us not working— it's not my fault. It's not me. This is you. This is because you're shutting down and believing everything you shouldn't. We will never work if you can't trust me." He replied, looking into my eyes.

"Yeah, blame me. This is my fault, right? What the fuck would you think if the tables were turned?" I fired back, becoming even more angry at him for blaming me.

"I'm not saying that, Jess." Rick sighed.

"Please, just leave me alone." I ordered, looking down at my backpack on the bed.

"So you're going to let her ruin us?" Rick snapped.

"It's kinda hard not to believe what I just saw with my fucking eyes!" I yelled, feeling the lump form back into my throat.

"You have to trust me." He replied.

"I want to trust you, Rick!" I cried, shoving him away from me. "I wanted to trust you, but it's hard for me to believe anyone would come in and stage all of that." I muttered.

"So it's harder to trust me than it is to trust her?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I felt bad for a split second as I watched pain enter his eyes.

"I need to go." I mumbled while leaving the room.

"Please tell me where you're going." He ordered, his voice straining as he followed me into the hall.

"I don't know yet, I'm going on a walk." I replied, walking down the hall.

I know exactly where I'm going.

I stormed out of the house and walked onto the street before pulling my hood over my head, feeling the rain beat down from the sky above me.

Anger fueled my body as I walked down the street with only one thing on my mind. I stepped onto Jessie's porch before letting myself into her house.