Chapter 68

-

I blew out the candle in the kitchen before stepping into the living room where Negan sat alone. We hadn't spoke to each other since before Rick came by yesterday, mainly because I locked myself in my room all day.

"What did you say to set Rick off?" I asked as I stood in front of him.

"I told him not to worry that I'd cheer you up later." He replied, slowly bringing his eyes up to mine.

"Why'd you hit him?" I inquired.

"He wasn't going to shut up." He answered.

I put my finger under his chin and tilted his head up to look at his bruised nose before he gently wrapped his hand around my wrist.

"You didn't have to do that, though. You got hurt and now you're involved in something you don't want to be a part of." I stated as he pulled me forward.

"I'm hurt? You should see the other guy." He joked, smirking as I stepped between his legs.

I looked down into his eyes as I lowered myself down onto him and straddled his hips.

"Do you fight all your whore's exes?" I joked as I ran my hand through his hair.

"Only the ones I halfway like." He replied, smirking.

"So you do like me." I joked as he rested his hands on my hips.

"No, I just like fucking you and fighting him won me a blow job, right?" He asked as he squeezed my hips with his hands.

"Maybe." I replied, smiling as I shrugged my shoulders.

"All that Hell today for a 'maybe'?" He replied, holding onto my thighs as he stood up from the couch.

"Maybe." I joked as I wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me down the hall.

"We'll see about that." He replied, entering my room before dropping me onto my bed.

I watched as he closed my bedroom door before taking his shirt off and laying down beside me. I climbed over him and straddled him again before looking down into his eyes.

I studied his eyes, watching how the shine left and his smile faded.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." He stated, his voice absent of any emotion.

"Leaving?" I questioned as I rested my hands on his chest.

"I'm heading out to the coast." He answered.

"Oh." I replied, feeling a sinking feeling in my chest.

"What are you leaving to go after?" I inquired, eyeing the tattoos on his chest.

"There's something I've been neglecting to do." He stated, his eyes on the ceiling.

I remained silent, deciding not to press him as I wondered what he could possibly mean by that.

"Will you ever be back?" I asked, fearing his answer as I waited for a response.

"Depends." He answered.