Chapter 66

-

"What are you doing sitting in the dark?" Negan asked as he entered the living room.

"I do this sometimes." I mumbled, pulling my arms under the blanket after wiping the few tears off of my face.

"Are you crying?" He asked, stepping in front of me.

"No." I replied, refusing to look at him.

He forced my chin up so I had no choice to look at him before I shoved his hand away in anger.

"Don't touch me." I snapped, finally bringing my eyes to look at him.

"Damn. What's up your ass?" He asked before stepping away.

"Not a damn thing." I replied as I stood up to leave the living room.

"Why are you so pissed at me?" He inquired as he followed me down the hall.

"Did you really just ask me that?" I asked, spinning around to face him.

"Yes." He replied, only a small space between us as he looked down at me.

"You told Glenn we almost fucked." I replied.

"I didn't tell anyone anything except for what you heard earlier today." He stated.

"Well you sure didn't have to give any clues for all of them to speculate on." I snapped before beginning to turn away.

"Sweetheart," Negan muttered as he aggressively wrapped his hand around my wrist and swiftly pushed me against the wall in one motion. "There won't be any clues, questions, or speculation when I fuck you. Everyone in this house will know." He continued as he towered over me and held me against the wall with his hand around my neck.

I swallowed the tiny lump in my throat and quickly tried to ignore the excitement he planted in me.

"So if you're pissed over the thought of anyone even thinking we screw around, then I suggest you get over it now." He replied as he tightened his large hand around my neck.

I looked into his dark eyes before he released his hand from around my neck and turned around without another word.

I took a deep breath and watched as he walked down the hall and into the living room while I remained in the same spot with my back against the wall.

Holy shit.

I've never had a man talk to me or touch me the way he does. I never thought I would like it either, but I can confirm that I definitely do.

Was he trying to turn me on?
Because it worked.

Or is he pissed because of what I said?

-

I slowly and quietly walked through the dirty hardware supply store and listened as Tara and Negan chatted amongst themselves at the front.

"Jess, where'd you go?" Tara asked as I searched for the roofing screws we needed.

"I'm over here." I answered as I exited the aisle.