"I'll be back!" She yelled before running back down the hallway.

I sighed and sat down briefly on the bed while waiting for Julia to return.

"This is going to be so fun!" Julia exclaimed while entering the room with a large duffel bag.

"Don't make me change my mind." I grumbled while she spread out makeup onto the bed before plugging in a large curling iron.

"I won't, I promise." She replied.

"So... how long have you been here?" I asked as she pulled the desk chair out next to the bed.

"Four years." She answered as I sat down on the chair.

"Wow." I replied while feeling the hairbrush slide through my naturally wavy hair.

"What's Hilltop like?" She inquired while clipping part of my hair up.

"It's nice. It's a small, tight-knit community. Nothing like this place." I answered as she sprayed something in my hair.

"This place has its good times, but definitely has its bad too. The people are who make it bad— the top tier people. Hopefully that will change now that Rick is our President." She replied while wrapping a chunk of my hair around the hot iron.

"Top tier people?" I questioned.

"The people who control this place. They forget that the employees of this town, that they treat like shit, are the ones who keep this place going. Not them." She replied as a warm strand of hair hit my back after she released it from the iron.

"Maybe that's why the former President got sick... who knows." She muttered. I glanced up from the floor while realizing what she meant.

"You think someone killed him?" I inquired.

"Maybe." She answered.

"I've never met the 'top-tier' people." I stated while she unclipped some of my hair.

"Well, you will tonight. But no worries, you have them in the palm of your hand now that Rick is the President." She replied.

"I don't tolerate assholes." I replied while glancing to the hallway.

"Neither do I, and that's why we're gonna be good friends." She replied while laughing.

"Is there anything I should know about the Vice and his wife and daughter?" I inquired.

"He and his wife are tolerable. His daughter is a first-rate bitch, and a whore. But you'll figure that out for yourself." She answered while sighing.

"Shouldn't the Vice have taken the President's spot instead of Rick?" I questioned.

"No. Here, the President chooses the next one and once you're in, you're in until death or resignation." She explained.

"Oh." I mumbled while she sprayed something onto my hair again. "But I thought there was an election process here?"

"That's for Vice." She stated.

"Maggie and some of the group are on their way." Carl informed me as he entered the room.

"Why?" I asked, feeling excitement.

"I invited them to the acceptance dinner. I'm trying to persuade them into coming here." He explained while smiling.

"I'd like that,"  I replied while he sat down on the bed. "But I doubt any of them would join."

"That's why we need to persuade them." He replied.