Eighteen

Cordelia was sitting on the table in History of Magic classroom, waiting for Remus. He asked for her presence some days ago and she was quite curious as to why she was called there. She was sitting there in dark, not having bothered to light the lamps.

She liked the dark, it made her feel calm.

After a few moments of peace, the door opened with a creek indicating someone's arrival whom she naturally assumed was Remus. 

That was until she turned to the figure lighting the lamps, his back was facing her but there was no mistaking the messy hair and petite figure. He turned around just as Cordelia came to the realisation who he was.

"What are you doing here?" he sneered.

"Careful, Potter. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that you are spending too much time with Draco by your expression." Cordelia smirked, her eyes weren't teasing nor haughty. They were mean, and Harry almost dropped his sneer.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry, not everyone supports Voldemort and hangs out with his puppets." He said sarcastically, his sneer deepening.

Cordelia growled at his comment, jumping down the table, "what the hell is wrong with you?! I was practically raised with Draco. He is no puppet of Tom! I was one, Harry, one!" she was shouting at him, her hands clenched at her sides.

"I was one and he was taken away! You know what your problem is? You can't seem to accept the fact that someone other than you can be having a hard time as well, you can't understand the fact that someone other than you has suffered as well. You think of yourself as some sort of victim among all of us just because your parents were killed by Voldemort." she breathed in.

"But you're wrong...do you know Neville's parents were tortured to insanity, most of my family was wiped out. Yes, they were pureblood supremacist and their morals weren't great but they were still my family. Voldemort basically broke my family. And poor Neville, his parents are alive but they don't even remember him. He knows his parents yet at the same time he doesn't and that hurts more than what you feel because your parents are dead, you never got to know them but you still know that they loved you before they died." Cordelia looked him in his eyes and pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Yeah, Draco doesn't act well in front of you but you don't know him like I do. Yes, I was ignoring you but that's only because you weren't supposed to know my father's relation with you. And my boggart was a dead give away. I ignored you because I didn't want you to ask anything. And most importantly because I remember and you don't. " Cordelia walked closer to the door, wanting to leave but turned over her shoulder.

"You don't know many things Harry, many things that I know. Too much knowledge sometimes is not good for you either but I will tell you one thing, I sent the map through the twins." she turned around once again to leave but was stopped when two arms wrapped around her torso from behind, not letting her walk any further.

"Let me go, Harry!" She said, but didn't put any effort into freeing herself.

Harry shook his head against her back and she could vaguely hear him sniffing, "I'm sorry, Cordelia...I was just really hurt and you weren't talking to me and acting so cold so I got really, really angry when I heard the truth..." Now Cordelia could definitely tell that he was crying.

"so? That does not mean that you can blame me. Besides, you don't even know the truth" Cordelia freed herself from his grasp and spoke while turning around, glaring daggers at him.

"I-I know and I'm sorry Cordelia..."he stuttered and Cordelia sighed, "you should know Harry , I'm not someone in whose life you can just walk in and out of."