Four

Cordelia woke up early in the morning as usual and went outside the house but paused seeing something on the ground.

"What is this?" She picked up the parcel and opened it up.

First she saw a leather jacket, she kept it aside having a faint clue of who sent it.

Then she found a box made of velvet inside it and opened it up to see two rings, they were attached by a chain and the chain had a charm...or more like a family crest.

Cordelia gasped, it was the Black family crest.

She knew because she saw it many times in Narcissa's house and also because it had a phrase on it.

Toujours pur

The crest glowed lightly in a blue colour and she examined it closely, blue water seemed to swirl in it.

It's a pensive.

Cordelia slipped the rings on, one on her index finger and one on her thumb. She then noticed a card.

~°•~°•~°•~

Happy birthday, pup

I know it's not much but I wanted you to have it. It has my memories in it , you can see them if you want. I'm sorry for not being there for twelve years of your life. You are turning thirteen today and I couldn't be more prouder. I know an apology won't make up for the time I lost with you but I hope you like your gift. I always liked leather jackets and I saw you had a similar style so i got one for you as well.

With love.

~°•~°•~°•~

She put the card back inside the box and stalked upstairs and kept the leather jacket on top of the rest of her clothes which she was going to wear. She let her friends rest for some time more and went to exercise.

She returned when all of them were awake and in the kitchen, sleepy. They saw her and hugged her wishing her happy birthday.

Julius and Lorenzo chucked two parcels at her. Julius got her a book on advanced magic and Enzo got her a book on dark arts and how to protect yourself from it.

She packed them up in the trunk and they ate before they were all set for their journey.

Remus unbeknownst to anyone had his own trunk with him, shrunken in his pockets. He waited patiently for the birthday girl to come down. She came down and Remus' breathe hitched.

She was wearing a black shirt with ripped jeans and a leather jacket. She looked exactly like him. Over the break, her jawline had gotten sharper and her high cheekbones were little bit more prominent, her freckles were now visible just slightly but even they were perfectly aligned around her nose and nose bridge to give the perfect cute but very attractive look. They were lined like constellations.

If someone else were to see her, they would say she looked hot.

"Ready?" She asked.

Everybody hummed in agreement.

They apparated to the king's cross station and the three kids found their way to their compartment.

Cordelia looked outside expecting to see Remus waving at her but to her disappointment he wasn't there.

She ignored her feelings and sat down. Julius was obviously very tired and so she tapped her lap and he gladly laid his head on her lap and his feet went over Enzo's lap.