Twelve

Monday finally rolled around, Cordelia didn't talk to Harry even once. Draco's wound healed and he was back to his normal taunting.

Cordelia walked along with her friends to DADA class, upon reaching there, Enzo and Julius made a beeline towards an empty bench and left you to choose a seat between the with Harry and the one with Draco.

Harry gave her a bright smile expecting her to come to him whilst Draco looked at her with a straight face. She went to Draco's bench without even looking at Harry and he frowned.

Remus who saw this also frowned, wondering what happened but nonetheless, smiled as the class settled and immediately burst into complaints of Snape's behaviour. 

Apparently, he taught the class while Remus was 'ill'. Cordelia was not paying attention until someone mentioned something related to warewolf. 

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?" He asked, frowning slightly.

Cordelia raised an eyebrows at what he said.

Once again, the class burst into complaints.

Remus smiled at the look of indignation on every face.

"Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay."

"Oh no," said Hermione, looking very disappointed. "I've already finished it!" Cordelia paused. If Hermione has already finished the essay then she would have already connected the dots.

Oh no...

She quickly mindlinked Cian and Seff who looked at her with a panic stricken face. Cordelia gestured at them to calm down sending light pheromones and as they settled down, she raised her hands.

Remus looked at her and said, "yes, Ms. Black?"

"May I use the bathroom, professor?" She said calmly but Remus knew her too much. This was the calm before the storm and if he let her go, he knew where she would go. He also wanted answers, obviously but no, just no. He couldn't let Cordelia lose control over herself. Not when he was around.

No. He mind-linked. 

Cordelia's face fell and annoyance took over her but she still shook her head and said, "nevermind sir, I will wait till after the lesson." He smiled and nodded, starting the lesson.

The lesson was an enjoyable one, it was about Hinkypunks. But Cordelia could scarcely concentrate, her mind was still on Snape. She wanted answers and she wanted them fast. As soon as the bell rung, Cordelia was up and out of her seat even though Remus didn't really dismiss them yet. 

He glared at her in a way no one could see but her.

As the students filed out of the classroom into the corridor, Remus called out, "wait a moment, Harry and Cordelia, I'd like a word."

Cordelia gritted her teeth and stood in a corner with her go-to resting bitch face letting Harry go first. Harry, in his confused state looked at Cordelia who immediately looked away, fiddling with her bracelet. Her face was hard and her eyes piercing, it was as if the Cordelia he met two years ago in the train was back, replacing the sassy but caring girl who has grown used to.

He knew why, of course and he did wanted answers. How in the whole world did she know who his mother was and which promise? He knew Cordelia knew much more than she let on and that he knew her from somewhere but he never expected her to somehow be this much connected to her.

He finally peeled his eyes away from her and turned to the professor.

"I heard about the match," said Remus, turning back to his desk and starting to pile books into his briefcase, "and I'm sorry about your broomstick. Is there any chance of fixing it?"