Thirteen

She stepped into a dark room, dimly lit and hued green as the green flame behind her faded away. she could barely see through the scant light but still knowing the place, stepped forward. She had barely taken two steps when all of a sudden, lights started flickering and one by one switching on.

She squinted at the sudden brightness and waited for her eyes to adjust. As she opened her eyes fully, the first thing she saw was a man sitting cross legged on the sofa that sat opposite to where she was standing. Blonde hairs shone brightly directly under the light and grey eyes glinting. 

"Well, well, look who we have here," the man said swirling what seemed to be wine in the glass he was holding.

The girl glared at the man, her expression as cold as ice, "where is Aunt?"

The man stood up, placing the drink on the coffee table and walked towards her, she watched him like a hawk cautiously. 

"she is gone for some business." Cordelia raised her eyebrows in suspicion when he stopped right behind her, at a safe distance but all of a sudden she felt her wand slipping out of her boots. She turned around in alarm, ready to throw a punch but was met with Lucius' wand in her face.

"But do enlighten me, what are you here for?" he said softly yet his voice seemed to drip with venom.

Cordelia scoffed and gritted her teeth but didn't move, "it would be highly appreciated if you would lower your wand."

Lucius smiled nastily, "how about, no?" 

Darkness of annoyance painted her face and she seethed out, "listen here, you monster, stay away from my brother who had the absolute misfortune of also being your son. How would Cissa like this, huh? Her husband threatening her child and holding his wand in her niece's face."

"Oh, terrible. But that doesn't matter because I have wanted to do this for years," Lucius said and  Cordelia glared at him, challenging him, "do it then,"

"Crucio" with that one word from Lucius' mouth, Cordelia fell down to the floor in pain as pain seized her body. A scream erupted from her throat but she bit her lips when she saw the satisfaction on Lucius' face.

Cordelia writhed at the white hot pain cursing through her body and for her, it went on forever as he lifted the curse only to send another one much stronger than before. She panted for breath.

The pain was so strong, she couldn't even think. She was thrashing, just so she could hold onto her sanity that seemed to be slipping away from her the more she tried to keep quite.

After what felt like an hour, he stopped, having gotten bored, and kicked her in her stomach making her spit out blood on the white marbled floor.

She tried to stand up but was pushed down again.

"And where do you think you're going? I'm not done yet." He laughed like a maniac.

Cordelia had no energy to do anything, she could heal herself but what will she heal. She didn't have any wounds, she has to stay here till Cissy got home. Many would think that she would try to escape but no, she wanted Cissy to know what he did.

She smiled at him with all the energy she could muster which infuriated Lucius and he hit her again but stopped when she spoke.

Cordelia sat up slowly wiping the blood flowing down from her lips, "you're so pathetic. You knew you wouldn't stand a chance against me that's why you creeped on me from behind. You even used cruciatus curse on me before beating me up."

A choked laugh escaped her lips, "pathetic, that's what you are."

With that she was thrown in the cellar for the night. She sat in the dark, healing her wounds as much as she could which wasn't much because there wasn't a lot of water available.