One

A few weeks have passed, the moon was shining in its glory. It was a day before full moon. The moonlight seeped through the windows of room and fell on the figure laying on the bed. Suddenly, it started writhing, changing positions again and again. Long hairs indicated that it was a girl, she started panting and sweat formed on her pale skin. Her pale cheeks turned a rosy colour due to the heat and she shot open her eyes.

Her eyes were red bloodshot and a scream erupted from her throat.

Another person burst into her room, terrified.

"Cordelia! What happened!?" He asked but widened his eyes.

Cordelia looked at him with bleary eyes.

"I...don't know..." She panted in between her words with her face contorted into an expression ful of pain but she didn't let another scream pass through her lips.

"Pa...water.."

Remus, in a panic stricken phase, quickly handed her the glass and helped her sit up. He helped her drink water but it only increased the heat and Cordelia couldn't take it anymore, she held her father's hand and stood up with a lot of difficulty.

"What are you doing? Lay down." Remus tried to stop her but stopped when she lifted up her hand to stop him.

She walked towards her bathroom and signalled Remus to fill the bathtub which he did. As the water filled the tub, Cordelia stripped off her shirt. She then got into the cold water and sighed in relief while Remus sat down besides it, when he gasped.

Another scream, Cordelia felt as if something is tearing her flesh apart and yes indeed, something was. The water turned red and Remus cried out in disbelief.

Cordelia had scales.

And her leg were now merging into one forming a tail.

Sequins like scales covered her legs and a fin soon appeared. Soon, Cordelia was glowing overall, and Remus stumbled back in shock.

When the light died down, Cordelia had a crown on her head and scales covered her hips going up to her chest and fading.

Her eyes glowed blue and her necklace was nowhere to be seen. Then she realised, her necklace was on her head as a crown as the crown's gem was also glowing.

Cordelia smile and looked at her father who still stood in shock.

"Siren comes with unlocking the water elements. I wonder why it took so long." She then closed her eyes and imagined her legs and suddenly the tail was no longer there. Instead, her legs were back and she stood up and got out of the water.

Cordelia smirked.

She leaded her father out who finally overcame the shock and asked her, "are you fine?"

Cordelia nodded and slipped back in her bed and pulled Remus with her too.

Remus smiled. She was still a baby according to him but today he felt that his baby was growing way too fast. But he knew, Cordelia will always be his baby. No matter what. Even now, when he looks in her eyes, he can still see the small infant who just started talking, blabbering all day long. But Remus never felt tired of her blabbering back then, he felt proud. And today, he wonders if he would ever see her blabbering all day long like she used to. The cheerful girl. But nonetheless, he loved her the way she is, talkitive or not.

He loved her.

He kissed her forehead and fell into a deep slumber.

.•♫•♬• °•• •♬•♫•.