Seventeen

The lunar marauders were soon gathered in the common room, waiting for Draco so that they can see him off.

Cosmo was sitting beside Cordelia snuggled up, now adoring an identical nametag like Nox who was also waiting with them.

Cordelia leaned her head back on backrest of the couch, gazing at the glass ceiling. Every year, during winters, all the aquatic creatures retreated deep into their underwater hides, since there was barely any sunlight reaching them. So the sight above was pretty lifeless, but the movement of water above her and the light sound which could be heard if concentrated enough was very calming. The Black lake was truly a sight to see from above but underneath it was magnificent with little gems lining the lakebed and creatures swimming around.

Draco climbed down the stairs and looked around the large common room to find the three troublemakers sitting on the farthest couch at the back of the room near the large window and stalked over to them.

Just when he reached them, they looked up at him and Draco couldn't help but think , 'damn their sensitive senses.' for no reason at all.

All of them quickly made their way to the fireplace, seeing him off as he disappeared behind the green flames. Finally, the three marauders made their way to Remus' cabin. They entered the room without knocking and found Remus cuddled up with his blankets and Julius laughed at the the sight, waking him up.

Cordelia went over to his bed, "Merry Christmas papa..."she whispered softly so as to not startle the sleepy man. He rubbed his eyes and said, "Merry Christmas, all of you." indicating that he was not going to say it again.

The two boys chorused, "Merry Christmas uncle!"

Cordelia helped Remus sit up and signalled Enzo to throw the present on the bed because Remus didn't seem to be in the position to stand up, "you felt fine yesterday, what happened?"

"Yeah, well it was just yesterday." He said grunting as Enzo levitated the presents to the bed with a lazy flick of the wand.

Cordelia raised her eyebrows, "I didn't know you could do wordless magic."

Enzo smirked, "well, we've been practicing because our best friend is just so good. We need to keep up with her, don't we?" He asked the last part to Julius who flopped down on the couch and nodded with amusement painted all over his face.

Then Enzo's smirk morphed into a smile, "but not too much, only small spells."

Cordelia nodded and turned to Remus, "now, before you open those presents, I have one for you which need you to open first, alright?"

Remus nodded.

Cordelia grabbed the blue velvet box from her pocket and handed it to him. He looked at it with curiosity and opened it. He gasped, "wow, it's beautiful."

There was an unknown twinkle behind his golden eyes; he was not a fool to not know what the pendant meant. Still , he smiled, thinking that Cordelia bought it and wore it around his neck.

Then after spending some more time there, the three set off for the Great Hall, letting Remus rest.

They were the first ones in the Great Hall apart from the teachers who were levitating the tables aside as Minnie conjured a smaller table. The Lunar Marauders made a beeline towards Minnie once they settled and sat beside her.

Cordelia was on her right side and Snape was on her left, beside Cordelia Julius sat and beside him Enzo.

Soon the rest filed in and the moment Harry stepped inside, he glared at her. Cordelia averted her eyes, rolling them. She didn't want to get into another fight. This year seemed to be leading her into more of them.