all hell breaks loose pt. 3

chapter forty-two ~ all hell breaks loose

all hell breaks loose pt. 3

Dean couldn't take his eyes off of the two lifeless bodies that lay on a beat up mattress in the abandoned house he'd holed up in. He leaned against the door frame with hands shoved deep in his pockets, his mind going a thousand miles a second and his soul rotting from the inside in agony. The hunter barely moved to acknowledge the older hunter when he walked into the house.

"Dean," Bobby called. He held up a bucket of fried chicken as he moved for the old kitchen. "I brought you this back."

"No, thanks. I'm fine," The Winchester's face was emotionless and his eyes had no trace of life left in them for as far as anyone could see. Dark circles were permanently etched on his face from the sleepless nights.

The older hunter placed the bucket on the counter and looked to Dean, "You should eat something."

"I said I'm fine," Dean said, almost angrily. He turned out of the bedroom and walked into the kitchen, grabbed the nearest alcohol bottle and started downing the dark liquid.

Bobby looked sympathetically at the boy, kicking himself for what he said next. "Dean, I hate to bring this up, I really do. But don't you think maybe, it's time to bury them?"

Dean looked up almost immediately, his expression dark, "No."

"We could-" Bobby sighed. "Maybe-"

"What? Torch their corpses?" Dean remarked as he took a seat at the table. "Not yet."

"I want you to come with me," Bobby demanded as he leaned on the table towards Dean.

Dean shook his head, "I'm not going anywhere."

Bobby pushed, "Dean, please."

"Why don't you cut me some slack?" Dean seethed.

"I just don't think you should be alone, that's all. I got to admit, I could use your help," Bobby confessed causing Dean to scoff in response. "Something big is going down, end of the world big."

The Winchester yelled back at the man in pure anger, "WELL THEN LET IT END!"

Bobby took a step back, "You don't mean that."

Dean pushed out of his chair aggressively, the chair falling from the impact as Dean got in Bobby's face, "You don't think so? Huh? You don't think I've given enough?" He nodded his head towards the lifeless duo, "You don't think I've paid enough? I'm done with it, all of it. And if you know what's good for you, turn around and get the hell out of here." When Bobby didn't move, Dean shoved him angrily, "GO!"

When Dean noticed Bobby's fearful expression towards him, he recoiled. "I'm sorry," He moved to stand by the window. "I'm sorry. Please just go."

"You know where I'll be," Bobby sighed before hesitantly turning and walking out the front door.