bloodlust

chapter five ~ bloodlust

in the impala

Dean drove the finally finished, new paint job, beloved impala down the road as AC/DC filled the speakers and cab. "Wooo!" He yelled with a big smile on his face. "Listen to her purr. You ever heard anything so sweet?"

Haven laughed as she stretched out in the back seat, "God, I love this car."

"You know, if you three want to get a room, just let me know," Sam joked.

Dean reached forward and rubbed a hand on the dash, "Aw, don't listen to him, Baby, he doesn't understand us."

Haven sat up in the backseat and leaned over, "Well, aren't you in a great mood." After Dean's meltdown in the yard, Haven hadn't wanted to mention it in front of anyone without his permission and Dean hadn't addressed it, so it remained quiet between the two.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Dean asked. "Got my car, got a case. Things are looking up."

"Wow, give you a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows and you're Mr. Sunshine," Sam smiled.

Dean laughed, "How far to Red Lodge?"

Sam thought about it, "Uh, about another 300 miles."

"Good," Dean said pressing harder on the gas making the impala speed down the road faster.

"Turn this song up, I love this one," Haven said before she rolled down both the back windows and pulled her hair out of the ponytail. Dean reached over to the stereo, turning Back in Black all the way up as he eyed the witch in the rear view.

~

"The murder investigation is on going and that's all I can share with the press," The sheriff told the three hunters who were dressed as writers for the newspaper that sat in front of him.

"Yes, we understand that, but for the record if you don't mind? You found the first head last week, correct?" Haven asked with a notepad and pen in hand. The sheriff nodded at her question.

Sam continued, "Ok, and the other, a Christina Flannican-"

"Was two days ago," The sheriff interrupted. His secretary knocked on the door, stopping his sentence and tapped her watch, "Thank you. Sorry, boys and girl, time is up. We're done here."

The three started to protest, Sam asking another question, "One last question?"

Dean pitched in, "What about the cattle?"