what's dead should stay dead

chapter eight ~ what's dead should stay dead

children shouldn't play with dead things pt. 2

Dean stormed down the porch steps then down the sidewalk as Sam and Haven hurried after him. "What the hell is the matter with you, Dean?" Sam asked

"Back off," Dean told his brother.

"That man is innocent, he didn't deserve that!" Sam's anger started to rise.

Dean opened his arms, "Ok, so she's not here. Maybe he's keeping her somewhere else."

Haven raised her voice, "Dean, stop it! That's enough, ok? Enough! I just had to wipe the man's memory because you scared him to the point of calling the cops!"

"Haven, I know what I'm doing, ok?" Dean snapped at her.

"The hell you do!" Haven said.

Sam nodded, "You don't know what you're doing, at all!" Dean laughed to himself in a fed up way. "Look, I don't scare easy, but man you're scaring the crap out of me!"

Dean continued walking, not making eye contact with either Haven or Sam beside him, "Don't be over dramatic, Sam."

"You're lucky this turned out to be a real case! Because if it wasn't, you would've just found something else to kill!" Sam said, stopping in his tracks. "You're on edge, you're erratic. Except for when you're hunting, then you're just downright scary. You're tail spinning man and you refuse to talk about it and you wouldn't let me help you or you barley let Haven help you!"

"I can take care of myself, thanks," Dean gave a kurt nod before trying to walk away.

Haven stood in front of him to block the hunter from moving, "No, you can't, Dean! And you know what? You think you're the only one who thinks you have too." Dean pushed around the witch to walk towards the impala, but she remained right beside him. "You don't have to handle this on your own, Dean. Reach out to us. Talk to us, something!"

"If one of you brings up Dad's death one more time, I swear-"

"It's killing you!" Haven interrupted, stopping Dean one more time as he started to raise his fist. "Please," The Emerson girl wrapped her hand around his balled fist and lowered it, trying to make his muscles relax as everything screamed at her at the physical contact to let it go. Memories and bad feelings from Gordon rolled over her as she held Dean's fist causing her to drop it and bring her hands close to her chest.

Sam jumped in, "We've already lost Dad. We've lost Mom, I've lost Jessica, Haven lost her parents, and now you want us to loose you too?"