dana shulps

chapter fourteen ~ dana shulps

the usual suspects pt. 2

Haven paced the room as Sam looked over his research once again, looking specifically into the street, Ashland. The witch was anxious as they waited for Dean to meet them at the new motel, the youngest Winchester being a bit better on hiding his own stress.

A loud knock sounded at the door, pulling the duo's attention to the entrance. Sam swiftly stood and walked to the door with Haven on his trail. He put a protective arm out in front of her as he slowly opened the door to reveal Detective Diana, waiting on the other side.

~

The detective held up her wrists for the two hunters to see, both revealing two lines of bruises that wrapped around her skin as if she's been tied down.

"These showed up after you saw it?" Sam asked Diana.

"Yeah, I guess," She shrugged at the question.

As Sam released Diana's wrists, Haven spoke up, "You're gonna have to tell us exactly what you saw."

Diana drew in a sharp breath, "You know I must be loosing my mind. You're both fugitives, I should be arresting you two."

"Well, you know what? You can arrest us later, alright? After you live through this," Sam suggested as he paced the room. "But right now, you gotta talk to us, ok?" Diana nodded at the Winchester. "Ok, great. Now, the spirit, what did it look like?"

"Really pale and her throat was cut. And her eyes- they were like this deep, dark red. It appeared like she was trying to talk to me, but she couldn't. There was just, a lot of blood," Diana explained before she took a seat on one of the motel beds.

Haven moved for the table Sam had accompanied earlier and gestured to some photos, "Here, take a look at these and see if you recognize someone."

Sam agreed as the two followed after Haven, "They're pictures of every girl that's died or gone missing from Ashland Street."

"How'd you get those? Those are crime scene and booking photos," The detective pointed out as Haven handed her the pile of pictures.

"You got your job and we got ours," Haven passed her a sly smile as she started to flip through the photos.

Sam took a seat at his computer as the witch watched Diana's face for any signs of recognition as her eyes scanned the pictures. The older woman shook her head until she came across a picture of a familiar blonde holding an arrest plate.