trickster

chapter twenty-nine ~ trickster

tall tales pt. 2

"I never said that!' Sam seethed at his brother who sat on the other side of Haven, the witch residing in between the Winchesters, Sam getting at his brother for telling Bobby the untrue version of what had happened.

Dean shrugged, "You're always saying pansy stuff like that."

~

Sam still stood there, bear hugging the kid as he started getting uncomfortable. "Well, um- yeah, uh, thanks. Thanks for the hug," He awkwardly patted Sam's back before Sam slowly released him. "But, uh, I'm ok. Really. To tell you the truth, whatever happened to Curtis, he had it coming."

"Why is that?" Haven asked the boy.

"He's our pledge master. Put us through hell this semester and got off on it. So, now he knows how we feel," He explained to the hunters before leaving the trio to themselves.

Dean turned to his brother and put a hand on Sam's shoulder, "It's ok." Sam made a hurt face on the verge of tears as Haven rolled her eyes.

~

"Still doesn't make a lick of sense. But, hey, at least there's one connection." Dean opened the hotel room door for them before walking in and shrugging his jacket off.

Sam followed in last, shutting the door behind him and Haven, "Between what?"

Dean sat down in one of the chairs after throwing his jacket over the back, "The victims. The professor and the, uh, frat guy. They're both dicks."

"That's a connection?" Haven raised a brow at the man.

"You got anything better to go on, I'd love to hear it," Dean snapped back.

Haven scoffed as Sam started rustling through his backpack. "You know, Dean-o, why don't you add yourself to the connection list."

Sam interrupted their argument, "Where's my laptop?"

"I don't know," Dean mumbled before turning back to the brunette. "No, think about it, Emerson. A philandering professor gets a dead girl. A pledge master gets hazed-"

"I left it in here," Sam held up his bag before starting to search Dean and Haven's things.

The witch turned to her best friend, "You obviously didn't. I'm still waiting for the justification, Dean."