another reaper

chapter two ~ another reaper

in my time of dying pt. 2

Sam returned from the local store with a ouija board in hand. When he stepped into Dean's hospital room, he noticed Haven asleep with her head on the bed. Sam gently reached his hand down and started rubbing her back to wake her up. The witch stirred before looking up to Sam with sleepy eyes, "Sam? When did you get back?"

"Just now, I got this so we could talk to Dean," Sam held up the board before turning to the comatose Dean. "Don't make fun of me for this, but this one way we could talk," Sam nodded his head toward the open floor and Haven followed after him.

Sam sat on the tile and started setting up the board as Haven sat down opposite him with her legs crossed. "Dean?" Sam called out into the emptiness of the room, "Dean, are you here?" The duo placed their hands on the triangle piece and waited. It took several seconds before they watched the piece move toward yes.

The two smiled and let of sighs of relief as Dean made contact with them.

"Ah, it's so good to hear from you, man. It hasn't been the same without you, Dean," Sam smiled. The piece started moving again under the duo's fingertips, so they looked down at the board as it moved from letter to letter. "Woah, what is it, Dean?"

"H-U-N-T," Haven read what the piece spelled. "Hunt? What hunting? Are you hunting something, Dean?"

The piece moved to "yes" as Dean's response.

"Dean, is it in the hospital what your hunting? Do you know what it is?" Sam asked. "What is it?"

R-E-A-P-E-R, Dean had spelled out for the duo of hunters.

"A reaper? Dean-" Haven's breath hitched, "Is it after you?"

Yes, the piece landed on once again.

"If it's here naturally, there's no way to stop it," Sam said.

Haven shook her head and stood up, "No, no no no no. There's gotta be a way, something I can do or John, something."

"Dad will know what to do," Sam said before rushing out of the room.

~

Haven had waited in Dean's room when Sam re-entered and sat beside Dean. "Hey so, Dad wasn't in his room."

The witch's ears perked up, "Shocker, where is he?"