demon immunity

chapter eighteen ~ demon immunity

croatoan pt. 2

The two hunters stood at the clinic counter loading shot guns with their usual salt rounds and checking the sharpness of their knives. The witch-huntress however stuck to her own weapons, sharpening her ring daggers and loading up her gun. A crash in the next room was heard, alerting the three and causing them to run to the sound.

Pam, the assistant, panicked that she dropped the beaker of Tanner blood, thinking she got it on her. "Why are we staying here? Please, let's just go," Pam begged Lee.

"No, we can't because those things are everywhere," Dean said as Sarge walked into the room.

"Oh god," Pam snuck to her knees.

Dr. Lee tried calming her, "Ok, shh shh shh."

Haven sighed and turned to the three boys that surrounded her, "She's right, we can't stay here forever. We gotta get out of here, maybe go to the roadhouse or I have a place, somewhere. Just a place where we can let people know what's coming."

"That's a good point, Night of the Living Dead didn't exactly end pretty," Dean joked.

"I'm not sure we got a choice," Sarge said. "A lot of these folks up here are good with rifles. Even with all your hard work, we're easy targets. So, unless you got some explosives."

Sam sighed and looked up while Dean slyly smirked at Haven. The witch rolled her eyes and talked in his mind, Not gonna happen, pretty boy.

Dean let out a small chuckle at the girl and their silent conversation while the taller brother noticed some bottles and chemicals. "We can make some," He told the three as he walked to the top of the cabinet.

As his hand wrapped around a bottle, the sound of someone pounding on the door and trying to get in came, "Hey! Let me in, let me in! Please!"

The Sergeant ran from the room and immediately recognized the boy at the door, "It's Dwayne Tanner!" The man ran over to let Dwayne in as everyone shuffled into the room.

"Thank god," Dwayne breathed when the Sarge let him in and relocked the door.

Sarge followed him into the clinic, "Dwayne, you ok?"

"That's the guy that I uh-" Dean made a clicking noise with his tongue to reference a bullet.

"Yeah," Sam nodded