gordon

chapter six ~ gordon

bloodlust pt. 2

**warning: mentions heavy topics, if not comfortable, you might want to skip to next chapter or skip marked section**

The world was still black for Haven, even with her eyes open. She sensed supernatural presences all around her, but a familiar one right beside her. A gag was tied roughly around her mouth and tasted of past sweat causing her to almost gag. The witch must've been out for the drive over since she already felt herself tied to a wooden chair.

The cloth was removed from her head and her vision started to focus in on a man that stood before the duo. Haven turned to Sam who looked in the same position as her before looking back to the man.

He opened his mouth to reveal his retractable set of fangs as they descended out of his gums. The vamp moved for the hunters, but a voice stopped him.

"Wait," A woman called to the vampire. "Step back, Eli." The woman walked away from the threshold of the entryway toward the duo and removed the gags from the hunter's mouths. "My name's Lenore. I'm not gonna hurt either of you, I just want to talk."

Eli paced the room as Sam looked between the vampires frantically, "Talk? Yeah, ok, but we might have a tough time paying attention to anything besides Eli's teeth."

"He won't hurt you two either, you have my word," Lenore said.

"Your word?" Haven remarked. "Oh yeah, great, thanks. Look, no offense, but you're not the first vampire we've met."

Lenore placed her hands in her back jean pockets, "We're not like the others. We don't kill humans and we don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time."

"What is this is? Some kind of joke?" Haven asked.

"Notice you're both still alive," Lenore pointed out.

Sam and Haven exchanged a glance then looked back between the vampires. The witch's magic seeped from her fingers and started playing with the ropes as Sam breathed out a laugh, "Ok uh, correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you be starving to death?"

Lenore looked at Eli, "We found other ways. Cattle blood."

"You're telling me you're responsible for all the-"

"It's not ideal. In fact, it's disgusting, but it allows us to get by," Lenore explained to them as Haven wiggled her wrists loose.