hellhound on my trail

chapter sixteen ~ hellhound on my trail

crossroad blues pt. 2

Crickets filled the silence of the night as Sam led the way up the porch steps towards the Hudson household. When they reached the top, Sam knocked on the wooden door. A blonde man in a disheveled work shirt opened the door as soon as Sam lowered his fist, "Yes?"

"Evan Hudson?" Haven asked.

"Yeah," Evan confirmed.

"You ever been to a bar called Lloyd's?" Dean asked the man. "Would have been about 10 years ago?" A look of panic passed over his features before he quickly shut the door in the hunters' faces. "Come on, we're not demons!"

Sam rolled his eyes and looked towards his brother, "Any other bright ideas?"

Dean shrugged before reeling back and using his strength to kick to door open. It flew open causing the hunters to file into the home and look around for Evan. When the sound of another door closing came from deeper in the house, the three pursued it until they reached a hallway with a closed office door. Dean went to kick down the door again, but Haven stopped him.

"Wait!" She said before moving to the door. "At least I don't cause property damage." Haven reached for the door handle and gently pushed it down causing the door to open for them into the dark office.

The room was silent and the man was no where in sight. "Evan?" Sam called out.

"Please!" Evan jumped out from behind a wall with his hands up. "Don't hurt me."

"We're not gonna hurt you, alright? We're here to help you," Sam told the man.

Dean pitched in, "We know all about the genius deal you made."

Evan started to slowly lower his hands, "What? How?"

"Doesn't matter, all that matters is we're trying to stop it," Haven told him.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Evan asked.

Dean's expression remained stone, "Well, you don't, but you're kinda running low on options there, buddy boy."

Evan swallowed before pacing the office, "Can you stop it?"

Sam's eyes followed him, "We don't know, but we'll try."

"I don't want to die," Evan ran a hand over his face.

"Of course you don't, not now," Dean said sarcastically.