"Are you sure my bed is what made you sleep so well?"

I asked, teasing, and he smiled brightly, chuckling almost.

"I'm sure of it, princess. That bed of yours could make anyone fall asleep in seconds. It must have a magic spell of some sort."

He said, playing along as he squirted some shampoo on the palm of his hand, then proceeded to massage my scalp.

"Turn around, please."

I did so almost instantly, and felt his warm hands over my head, massaging from the crown of my head to the nape of my neck. I tilted my head back and then forwards, feeling relaxed, and so comfortable. His touch was doing things to me I couldn't understand. He was a flower and I was a bee.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder, pulling me back against the shower. He rinsed my hair thoroughly, treating my hair with utmost care as if it was made of glass. Then he grabbed my washcloth and began scrubbing my back, my shoulders and neck, then my arms, and then went down. I turned around and he knelt, took one of my feet in his hands, and washed it, carefully caring for the little wings on my ankles as well. Namor looked up, his eyes soft and full of admiration. Once he had rinsed my foot, he went on to kiss the tip of my toes, then around my ankle, and his lips brushed upwards till he got to my knees. I was mesmerized by the way the god-king of Talokan was worshiping my body as if I was the most beautiful woman in existence. In such a state of submission, I could have sworn he was treating me as his Queen.

Heat puddled in between my thighs, and butterflies turned to fireworks in my belly. Namor stood, his eyes resting on mine, without words, without anything else. Our bodies spoke louder than words.

Then the thoughts came in, gushing like a storm. I remembered the mission ahead of us. The chance of not making it out alive. The chance of meeting my real father and brother. The probability of not doing well and even losing little B'alam. The thought brought me down to my lowest point.

My eyes drowned in tears and I cried in front of him. I couldn't tell him why I was crying; we couldn't say a word about it, but he understood and hugged me tightly. I sobbed quietly, hiding in between his shoulder and neck, feeling safe between his arms.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay. You can cry. I'm with you."

He cooed, feeling the warm water running between our bodies like a mountain with multiple cascades. I felt better, and sooner than later we finished washing up.

There was no food and we were starving. We stood in the middle of the kitchen, with our hands on our waists, staring at the empty refrigerator as if it would magically pop out something if we stared at it long enough.

"We have to go to the store."

I suggested and Namor walked out of there, uninterested.

"I can go fishing."

"I don't want fish."

"What do you desire?"

"Eggs, bacon, and fries. The unhealthy stuff."

He pondered on it for a moment, then made up his mind and went on to fish for my purse.

"What are you doing?"

I asked, intrigued.

"Didn't you say you were going to the market? Here's your purse."

He extended his hand, handing me my worn-out bag.

"You need to... to cover up those ankles, and a hoodie to hide the ears."

"Why? I'm not going with you."