He could check if the two cultists had taken any secret actions against the Chu family before this.

He did not want the Chu family to suffer a major blow at the hands of the cultists. If the Chu family was threatened, how would he be able to stay safely at home?

Therefore, he soon instructed the spirit-devouring flower.

The spirit-devouring flower made a swishing sound and its petals glowed before forming an image out of thin air.

The image contained the memories of the two cultists. Chu Xuan then instructed the spirit-devouring flower to look through the important memories, particularly the memories of the past month.

There were also some memories that were deep set and related to the cult or the Chu family.

After looking through the memories of the two cultists, Chu Xuan roughly understood the purpose of their trip.

Please support our website and read on wuxiaworldsite

The sudden actions of the Chu family caught the cultists in Chu County off guard, and they had suffered heavy losses without warning.

In order to weaken the Chu family, they had paid a heavy price. They took the two sets of undercover spirit clothes, picked out two cultists who were good at sneaking and hiding, and had them put on the undercover clothes before sneaking into the Chu family's land to cause trouble.

The cultist carried poisonous smoke and poisonous fire. They did not need to sneak into the Chu family's ancestral house, nor could they do so even if they intended to. Instead, they only needed to release poisonous smoke and poisonous fire in the Chu family's land.

This was not an ordinary poisonous smoke and fire. It would have a huge impact and cause major damage to profound realm martial artists.

What was more terrifying was that the poisonous smoke would stick to the grass and trees and would not dissipate for a long time. Without special medicine, it would be difficult to completely eliminate it.

It would take at least a hundred years for the poison to be eliminated via natural means. Burning for such a long time was equivalent to the destruction of the Chu family's land.

Even if the Chu family had the ability to remove the remaining poison from the smoke, they would still need to pay a hefty price. This was enough to cause considerable losses to the Chu family.

The poison fire was also not straightforward.

It was a unique poison. After it was released, it would burn like a flame, possessing the unique property of absorbing and burning spiritual energy.

It was also difficult to extinguish, as the only way to completely extinguish it was to isolate the spiritual energy.

Moreover, after isolating the spiritual Qi, the poison fire could still burn for more than half a day before it was completely extinguished. If it absorbed a little bit of spiritual Qi midway through the process, it would once again continue to burn.

If the poison fire had been released into the Chu family's land, the Chu family would have needed to mobilize many martial artists above the spirit realm as well as many spirit weapons in order to isolate such a vast area

Moreover, they would need to isolate it for more than half a day, which would occupy a lot of martial artists. During this period of time, the Chu family's defense would undoubtedly be at its weakest, and they would be exposed to a certain degree of danger.

In order to carry out this plan, the cult could be said to have paid a huge price.

After Chu Xuan read through the memories of the cult members, he could not help but sigh. If it were not for the other party wanting to control him and increase their results today, the Chu family's land at this time would have already fallen into chaos.