Chapter 1

"Chu Xuan's words and actions are improper and harmful to the family's reputation. His punishment is to immediately leave the ancestral residence. Without permission, he is not allowed even step half a foot into the ancestral residence!"

Chu Xuan turned his head to look at the magnificent ancestral residence and helplessly shook his head. Being punished to leave the ancestral residence was equivalent to being expelled from the direct line of descent.

When a person was hated, even a sneeze was a mistake and unforgivable.

He had just transmigrated here when the Chu family was hosting a banquet for the distinguished guests from the imperial capital. As one of the direct descendants, Chu Xuan was naturally present.

Just because he sneezed, he was expelled from the ancestral residence. Although he was not explicitly expelled from the family tree, in practice, there was no difference.

The butler brought him to a desolate courtyard far away from the ancestral residence.

"Thirteenth Young Master, you can stay here from now on. I will arrange for someone to send food over."

The butler left after he finished speaking.

Chu Xuan was a direct descendant of the Chu family, one of the three great families in the state of Qin. He was ranked 13th and was the most disliked person among the younger generation of the Chu family.

He pushed open the door to the courtyard. The courtyard was overgrown with weeds, so it was obvious that no one had lived there for a long time.

This courtyard was far from the ancestral home and was located at the edge of the Chu family's land. Naturally, no one would come to live in this remote place.

Chu Xuan sighed. Due to his parents' influence, he had always been disliked by the master of the family, Chu Tianming, who was also his grandfather.

His father was Chu Tianming's third son. He had always been doted on and had been the most outstanding talent in his father's generation. However, his father had broken the marriage contract prepared by Chu Tianming and married Chu Xuan's mother, a woman with no deep background.

Chu Tianming was almost angered to death by this.

Three years ago, Chu Xuan's parents had left home without a trace. From then on, Chu Xuan's situation became even worse. His grandfather, Chu Tianming, would become annoyed every time he saw him.

Finally, today, he could no longer hold it in anymore. Adopting the mentality of what he could not see could not trouble him, he eventually chased Chu Xuan out of the ancestral home.

It was the melodramatic drama of an aristocratic family!

Chu Xuan was speechless. However, he couldn't change anything. It was already good enough that he still had a place to stay.

At least he would not have to worry about food and clothing.

Looking at the weeds in the yard, Chu Xuan was troubled. He was the young master of an aristocratic family after all. Should he personally remove the weeds?

Fortunately, he was not troubled for long. The two servants of the Chu family were arranged by the butler to clean up the yard of the house. Thus, they removed the weeds and cleaned up the place.

They also replaced the furniture and prepared daily necessities.

Chu Xuan finally felt a little bit of satisfaction as a young master of an aristocratic family.

He ordered the servants to bring him a deck chair and some books.

From now on, he would stay here.

After the servants left, Chu Xuan lay on the deck chair and breathed in the sweet air. He looked at the blue sky and white clouds with a bit of confusion in his eyes.