part 22

Ethan sat in the car, he was happy there was only two more hours left of the drive. His parents always offered to fly him back home, but he refused. Being in air was one of the worse experiences Ethan has endured. So he settled for a long drive home, not ideal, but it could be worse.

The car was driving so fast the widow was divided into three colors, blue, a dead yellow, and green. The stillness of the moment lead his thoughts back to Julian.

He kind of wish Julian waited to sweep him off his feet, so he didn't have to go on a two week break, without seeing him. He knew he wasn't going to fall part because of it— that would be his family's doing— but it was just another reason to hate going home.

There was one thing, well person, keeping Ethan from simply camping out on the school's front lawn till it opened back up in January, Sebastian. Winter break allowed him and his brother to get comfortable with each other. Thanksgiving break didn't give them enough time to get close and learn about the new person. Sure, it wasn't awkward, but they didn't know one another.

It always made Ethan a little sad. Just when he got to know his brother, they would be apart for longer than they were together, allowing them to grow into someone else. But that's just a part of life, or at least his life.

When he got home Sebastian was already in his room. He felt like he should've been annoyed, but it was nice to come home to a not-so-empty room.

"God, you're finally home," Sebastian whined, looking up from his phone and spinning in Ethan's chair.

"When did you get here?" Ethan asked putting his bags on his bed, and taking a seat next to them.

"A few hours ago," He said, placing an arm on the desk to stop the spinning.

"That's not so bad, I'm sure Mom and Dad were nice to you,"

"Dad was just being annoying," he mumbled

Ethan hummed in agreement, "What'd he do?"

"He asked me about exams and what I wanted to do when I was older," Sebastian shrugged, "I dunno, he got all into it."

"What did you say?"

"I just said I wasn't sure,"

"So... what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"It doesn't matter," he grumbled standing up from the chair.

"Of course it matters," Ethan said trying to persuade him.

"No, it doesn't. I'm just going to major in economics or business, and when I graduate college I'll get shares in the company, maybe even start my own," Sebastian sighed, "Like you are going to do,"

"Well, that's because I want to do that,"

Sebastian just stared at him for a second, "No, you don't."

Ethan just gave him a tight-lipped smile, and started digging through his bag for clothes to change into.

It was silent until Sebastian asked Ethan how school is going.

"It's been pretty great," this time Ethan's smile didn't feel forced, not in the slightest.

"D'you meet someone?" Sebastian said plopping himself back onto the chair.

"Hm, I did..." he paused searching, "Is it really that obvious?" he asked finally pulling out a shirt.

"The smile gave it away," he giggled at Ethan, "Does he like you back?"

"Yeah, actually," Ethan nodded, the smile unwavering.

"Oh, wow. That has gotta be some sorta miracle or spell, maybe even a dare,"

Ethan grabbed the shirt in his hand, and chucked it toward his face, "Rude, he actually seems to really like me,"

"That's good, anything else note-worthy?" he asked passing the shirt back to his brother.

"Hmm, Oliver has a crush on Chris,"

"Really?" He asked lifting his eyebrows in suprise.

"Yeah, but he won't admit it," He said finally changing his clothes.

"Then maybe he doesn't,"

"He definitely does, he won't say yes, but he also won't say no,"

"Do you think Chris likes him back?"

"I don't really know, he doesn't seem like the type, but you never really know," Ethan shrugged.

"Did yours seem like they type?"

yours

Mine he found himself dwelling on the idea. He knew Sebastian didnt say it with much thought, but Ethan couldnt stop himself from wondering what something like that could mean.

Was Julian really 'his'?

"Yeah, I guess so," Ethan said responding to his question not Sebastian's, "Wait, what was your question?"

"Dude, you are so weird sometimes," Sebastian said shaking his head.

"Well, have to get it from some body," He said reaching over to flick his forehead.

Sebastian gave him an obviously fake frown, "I hope you know that's not how that works,"

A/N: sorry if this is poorly edited i'll come back and fix it. ALSO SORRY FOR JUST SKIPPING ON SATURDAY. i was just like not feeling it
anywyas please comment and vote also sorry that it's so short idkkk love you!!!