part 3

A/N: quick note but there's a lot of new characters this chapter let me know your thought on them. Also thank you for all your kind words and feedback <3

It was finally saturday, Ethan had been looking forward to it, since he stepped foot on school grounds. He missed his friends, they basically raised each other. The school would be actual hell on earth if it wasn't for them.

Ethan never gets to see his friends over the summer. They all live in different states. None of their parents trusted any of them enough to go out of state alone. Sure, they'd text and call occasionally, but it never compared to being trapped in the same ivy colored walls.

Regardless of his excitement, he stayed in his dorm. Most of the staff and parents found him to be too loud, and found most of his jokes insensitive. Not a good look for St. Eves Academy.

Ethan was having a mid-day nap, when he got a call. He hesitantly grabbed his phone, but he saw the contact name 'Oliver'. He picked up immediately.

"You here yet?" Ethan ask rubbing the tired out of his eyes.

"Yeah, just found out they took our request, we're rooming together," Oliver said slightly out of breath, "damn, all these stairs," he mumbled.

Ethan let a small chuckle leave his lips. "That's great, I was scared I'd get a repeat of last year."

"You gotta admit..." Oliver paused to catch his breath, "you were half the issue too."

"Eh, whatever, he graduated so it's not like it  matters."

"Yeah... give me a second." He said in between breaths.

"I see you've been keeping in shape, huh?"

"Shut up," Oliver said over the phone, but Ethan could also hear his voice coming from down the hall. He quickly hung up and got up to give Oliver a hand.

He found Oliver drowning in luggage. He had a tendency to over pack. "Can I have a hand?" Oliver still had his shoulder holding his phone to his ear.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

"A hand?"

"Uhm... I can't hear you down there. Maybe stand on your tippy-toes."

"I swear to God, Ethan."

"Sheesh, forgot that short people got a temper." In all honesty, he wasn't too short 5'7, average. Ethan just found it amusing, even if he was barely 5'10 himself.

At that point, Oliver completely disengaged in the conversation, and stood waiting for Ethan to help him with his bags.

"Have you seen anyone else?" Ethan asked finally grabbing one of his bags.

"Yeah, I saw John and Elijah, they're a floorbelow."

Ethan and Oliver caught up with each other lives, while Oliver got settled.

"How was early admission?"

"Early and lonely." he shrugged

"But I thought Chris was here?"

"Yeah, he was, but it's better with the whole group, especially you."  Oliver and Ethan were the closest, Oliver tutored Ethan in Math freshman year. They hit it off after a rocky start. Ethan started excelling in math and didn't need the sessions Sophmore year, but the bond was already created

"I know... speaking of, we should all get together before classes start."

"Yeah, that'd be fun I'll send a text to the group chat." They had a group chat, that was basically dead over the summer; in fact the last message was sent in May, by Elijah.