part 12

Julian

It was Thursday which meant it was debate day. He was not confident in his arguement at all. There were many reasons, but the main one was that he struggled with communicating with his partner, Lucas. He was nice, and Ethan was right, Julian would like him if he gave him a chance, but he didn't.

They were going to lose and it is going to be Julians fault.

Julian walked to debate with Ethan and Chris. Julian felt bad that Ethan had notice his strange behavior toward him. He knew how mean it was, but he couldn't help it. Ethan is so nice and exciting to be around and Julian doesn't deserve that.

He was quiet on the walk, he always is but he's usually quiet for other reasons.

"Julian?" Ethan said bringing back his attention.

"Sorry?"

"Chris asked you a question," Ethan said raising his eyebrows.

"Oh, what was it?" Julain asked looking at Ethan.

"I asked if you feel ready to argue with us," Chris spoke to the back of his head.

"Not really, and it's kinda my fault," Julian said finally facing him.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked again.

Julian eagerly turned to look at him even if he didn't stare back. Ethan had one of the cutest noses Julain had seen. He wondered what it would be like to have a face like his. "You know, I was too quiet,"

"I told you to open up, Lucas is nice," Ethan scrunched his face as he looked toward him.

"I know, but I'd just rather not."

Ethan just rolled his eyes and entered the class. Wilson went straight to debates. They got to watch the underclassmen take their turns, they weren't horrible but they were underclassmen.

When the four were called up Julian was not confident at all, rightfully so, him and Lucas lost. Ethan was too modest about his debating skills, he was amazing, he was very professional, well kind of. Julian wasn't even upset, he enjoyed watching Ethan debate so much.

He seemed very confident and sure of himself. He hit his points perfectly, expanded on them, he did great. However, Julian couldn't help but notice the way Ethan's cheeks flushed everytime they made eye contact. He thought it was interesting, it was pretty cute too, how he'd look away just as quickly as his cheeks flushed.

They sat down after the debate waiting for the meeting to end. After the seniors went Wilson said that he'd speak to each grade level individually next week, and that they were dismissed.

They walked out and Julian wanted to ask Ethan for smoke, he wanted to all week. He wasn't sure why he was avoiding him like his life depends on it. That was half a lie. Julian knew why, but he didn't want to think about why. It was easier to lie to himself and Ethan, and say he just didn't know.

He wanted to invite him but he wasn't sure if that would be rude. He only wants to hang out with him after Ethan confronted him, but then it would be mean if he didn't hang out with him after Ethan confronted him.

"Hey want to go for smoke?" Julain leaned into Ethan's ear but before he even finished his sentence Ethan nodded his head.

~   ~   ~

They stood where they always did as Julain pulled out the cigarette. He thought about bringing it up, but he relieved that might make everything extra weird.

"You guys did great," Julian said after his first inhale,.

"So did you guys," Ethan said looking at the trees instead of Julian.

"No where near you, I think I was partially hypnotized by you," He said handing him the cigarette, "I've never seen someone do so good, especially for a debate that didn't even count." Julian gave him a hint of a smile.

"Says you," Ethan said exhaling.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Julain asked focusing his gaze on Ethan.

"I think you know," Ethan grumbled.

"No, not really, please do specify," Julian said enjoying it more than most would.

"like you have like..." Ethan gestured using his hands.

"I have like what?" Julain asked leaning into him, to take the cigarette.

"Nice features, I don't know," Ethan mumbled.

"You think I'm handsome?" Julain was playing it off as joke, but he thought it wouldn't hurt if he heard him agree. I mean Ethan had one of the prettiest faces he laid his eyes on. It was nice coming from him, even if he already knew by the way he acted around him.

"Oh my God, go find someone else to feed your ego, I'm too busy," He said rolling his eyes and walking away.

"Oh come on," Julian said reaching out and grabbing his hand, "I was only sort of joking," He said pulling him closer.

"I know but I, uhm, actually have homework I should get to," He said breaking his gaze from Julian.

"Oh, all right, see you tomorrow," He said as he let go of Ethan's hand.

A/N: okay so it's partially edited i usually reread it twice but i only did it once so i think i'll reread it again when i have time. I also i plan on uploading twice a week instead of once but i'll see, i think i can definitely do it. Anyways hope you like it! vote and comment please please i appreciate it sm!!