James

- Aidan please don't do this to me - the boy begged - I can take care of myself, I'll find somewhere to be and a job and everything.

The man, who was a cop, looked at the poor terrified boy and felt bad for him.

- James, honey, you know this is the best for you. This is not going to be like any of those foster homes or any of the group homes you've been before, I promise. The guys there are very nice and they do a very good job. - he put his hand on the boys shoulder - And you'll always have me here to protect you, okay? I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you again.

James accepted that there was nothing to do and just laid back on the car seat looking out of the window. He was very anxious, but tried to calm down controlling his breathing.

- Good job Jamie - Aidan had noticed - everything will be alright.

They got there around 10 minutes after. The rest of the ride had been silent, wich didn't really feel awkward for neither of them. The house wasn't small, it had a decently siced backyard and a nice big fence on the entryway. They got out of the car and the boy grabbed his bags. He didn't carry much, but he also didn't own much. When the cop rang the bell, Jame's heart started racing and his hands began shaking. Aidan noticed and wrapped his arm around the boys shoulders, calming him down a bit.

The door opened to show a young man, dressed up in nice casual clothes. He had a smile on his face and he looked happy to see them.

- Well you must be James - the scared boy just nodded his head - I'm Cameron, come in, I'll introduce you to everybody and then we can do a little house tour, okay?

James didn't feel like answering, words just were not coming out of his mouth. He looked at Aidan for a last bit of hope, but the cop just hugged him tight.

- I'll see you soon James, I'll come visit. Be good please, and call me if anything happens.

And with that he left the teen helpless in the entey door, holding his bags while starting at who was going to be his new guardian.

-  It's okay buddy, let's go to the living room and you can leave your bags there for now. I'll call the boys down. Sit on the couch and make yourself comfortable.

Again, no words. What was probably less than a minute felt like ages, but finally the boys started coming downstairs and taking a sit around the living room. They all kind of waved or smiled at the new boy, some of them being s bit nicer thsn others. Then Cameron came back and another young man followed him.

- Max hasn't got here yet, but you can meet him later. - Cameron started - Now  everyone, this is James. He will be staying with us from now on, so I want you  all to be nice and respectful. James if you want you can introduce yourself first and then the boys will each say their name.

Heart racing and hands shaking, James took the courage to finally speak. - Well um, I-I'm James, I'm 16 and I am from Toronto. Umm I have been in other group homes before but I hadn't been in one in a long time, so I'm hoping this goes well - he let out a nervous laugh, and looked at Cameron for approval, who just smiled at  him.

- Nice to meet you James - said the guy sitted next to Cameron - well before the boys introduce themselves I'll do it. I'm Carter, and I'll be your guardian like Cameron. Now boys, you go.

Carter seemed way scarier than Cameron, and James wasn't really sure if he was going to like him very well. He looked at the teens and waited for them to start speaking.