my mistake

Ok i admit i was an idiot. But how was I supposed to know Rose was coming back? And with that boy! He messed me up pretty bad for it too.

But i deserved it.

Every bit.

I limped into the kitchen to get a glass of water when I found Dylan and Rose huddled together.

Were they crying?

"Rose?" I said. She looked up and I saw the hurt in her eyes. Dylan looked up too. Shooting up to a stading position immediately as if to protect her.

What did he think I was gonna do? I wouldn't hurt my mate. She's my mate.

"can i help you?" I say.

"What do you want?" Dylan asks. "Don't you think you've hurt her enough?" He continues.

"Dylan,"Rose says signaling for him to stop.

"listen Rose I'm sorry" i start to say.

"i loved you Seth..." She says struggling to speak.

"I know and what I did was wrong but..."

"then why did you do it?" She asks looking down at the floor.

"I-I-I... " i tried to speak but no words came out no words came to my mind.

It was silent.

"did you cut your hair?" I ask finally realizing her long chocolate brown hair was now short and blonde.

"no i dyed the tips invisible" she says, her voice still unsteady.

"I'm sorry Rose, i shouldn't have let you come." Dylan says.

"whoa whoa whoa first off I don't know you and second off you can't tell my mate what to do and where to go."i yell at him.

"ok let's get this straight. She isn't 'your' mate " he started off putting air quotes. "and who's been the one protecting her all this time, who's been the one listening to her and comforting her, something a real mate should've been doing." He says "not sleeping with other girls."

"i wasn't sleeping with her." I say."Rose you know I wouldn't just let me explain please." I beg.

"i think she's had enough of your lies Seth" Dylan says breaking the silence.

"no Dylan, let's hear what he has to say." Rose says standing up.

"thank you Rose" i say.

So i explain everything from the minute she left till now. Which was alot including the little underage drinking incident between my over protective mother and a drunken me. (not a very good combination).

"wow while i was gone my 'mate' decided to throw a whole bunch of parties!" She said with sarcastic enthusiasm.

"Rose it wasn't like that." I say.

"you know the last time I was out of my room was 3 months ago." She said.

I hadn't realized how long it had been since she left, eight months ago she stood infront of me eyes full of love. Now she stood infront of me with hurt in her eyes.

Oh god why am I so stupid.

No doubt if I was my brother we wouldn't be in this mess.

I really messed up.

"Rose you know I would never hurt you." I say.

"you know what, I don't anymore"

"what do you mean you don't Rose I could never lie to you your my mate." I say.

"then answer this. How many?" She says.

How many what?

I didn't answer. For a while i trird to figure out what she was talking about.

"Seth how many?" She says again. Then it dawns on me.

"only one time." I answer.

She had now moved to be infront of me and was looking up. Tears were in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Rose. I really do love you." I say wiping a fallen teat from her cheek.

"i forgive you" she said softly.