Complications

"Leo are you sure you know where your going" i ask him.

"totally" he says stepping over a large tree root.

Apparently his idea of traveling in style is traveling on foot.

"did you hear that?" I say grabbing my sword.

"easy there tiger, its probably a rabbit" he says stopping my from fully revealing my weapon.

I hear the leaves rustle even louder than before.

"that must be a big rabbit." I say pulling my sword from my belt. Then a crack like a large foot stepping on a branch.

"Leo!" I yell as not one but two vampires jump at us.

"i get the pretty one." A girl with brown wavy hair says.

"anna you just ate now its my turn." The guy with black shaggy hair says to her.

"calm my children we mustn't fight over food" the leader of the group says. Wait i know that voice. The night my mother died.

"you" i growl.

"i didn't think you remembered me whats your name again?"

"rosie don't!" Leo says

"rosie such a pretty name. Tell me rosie if a tree falls and no one is around to hear it does it still make a sound?" The leader, Scarlett , says to me.

"don't answer her."leo says as the guy restrains him.

"no id love to hear your answer." Scarlett says. "go on."

"umm yes?" I whisper.

"great now is a girl is murdered but there is no one around does she make a sound?" Scarlett says.

"don't answer her Rosie!"

"Laurence kill him!" Scarlett says

"No!" I yell

Run! I heard a voice yell

Run!

"Rosie!" Leo says as a giant wolf jumps in between us.

Run!

"Rosie don't" leo says just as im about to shift. Too late.

I take off through the woods. Where I'm going i dont know. Any where except here i know for sure.

Screams. Over and over again i hear screams. Some my brother's some of others i dont recognize.

How could i let this happen. I should've stayed and protected him like im supposed to.

I hear one last scream and i decide to turn back.

I get to the war spot and shift.i can see the guy. The wolf who saved me. He shifted back. His lifeless body reminded me of my old boyfriend Lucas, who was killed by none other than the nomad vampires.

"Rosie" i hear leo say.

"leo" i turn to see Leo in a pool of blood.

"we did it Rosie" he said pointing to the vampires, all accounted for except Scarlett.

I could feel hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

"hey dont cry lil sis"he says as i lean on his chest.

He starts to stroke my hair like he used to do when i woke up from a night mare in the middle of the night.

"you have to promise me to be good ok" he whispers into my ear.

"no dont talk like that. Leo dont you dare talk like that. your gonna be alright .everything is going to be fine." I say.

"shhhhh" he says softly.

"no leo i need you!" I shout shaking him. The tears start rolling faster amd my vision is starting to get blurry. "leo do you hear me i need you" i shout louder.

"you'll be ok " he says calmly. I can feel him slipping away.

"No! Leo! Don't you dare leave me! I need you! Leo!Leo!" I keep shouting his name but he doesnt respond. Hes gone.

I close his eyes slowly. And kiss his cheek.

"i love you big bro" i say as the tears roll down my face.

"Mother" i say "watch over Leo. Im sorry i failed you."

As soon as i finish i lay Leo down and grab some matches from his pocket.

I gather up a huge pile of sticks and branches on top of the vampires and strike the match. The fire blazing i walk away slowly.

"ill kill you Scarlett!!!" I yell "you hear me ! Your dead!" I yell louder.