Awkward

Maybe it was the amount of alcohol in my system. Maybe it was just me being stupid and wanting to end the hurt.

But I will always regret it.

What if Rose was here? What would she think of my actions? Why am I so stupid?

I woke up McKenzie on my side.

"hey hot stuff" she says. "last night was amazing, I knew you still had it in you." She continued.

"you have to leave!" I say.

"why?" She whines trying to sound cute, but all it did was make her sound annoying.

"you really have to leave!" I tell her.

"fine" she says rolling out of my bed. She reaches for my closet door but i slam it closed.

"i assume you know where the bathroom is" i say handing her the dress she was wearing last night.

"whatever" she mumbles walking to the bathroom.

As soon as she locks the door i pull on my jeans and race out of the room and down the stair case.

Rosemee

"goodmorning darling" i hear Dylan say.

I look up at him.

For the past month or so, Dylan has been sneeking into my room and spent the long nights with me as i cry, or talk, or just about anything. He was always there to hold me and listen.

"you dyed your hair?" I ask. Dylan was always the hot guy in the city. With his beautiful blonde hair and brown eyes. But now the blonde i knew so well was gone and in it's place was black.

"yeah i think i like it more." He said sitting up.

"why did you dye it?" I ask running my fingers through his neck length hair.

"i felt like i needed a new look" he laughs.

I get up and head towards my bathroom.

"I'll be back in a second" i say turning to him.

"I'll be here, not like I've got any other place to go" he says.

I quickly hop into my shower and wash every inch of me. In a matter of ten minutes I'm out of the shower, towl wrapped around me, and opening the door to my huge walk in closet.

I throw on some pink jeans and a blue floral bandeau with a white low arm tank top.

"you look hot" Dylan says as i walk back in to my room.

"uhhh thanks but should that be a compliment you give to your bestfriend?" I ask pulling my long hair into a high ponytail.

"i don't know, but it should" he chuckles.

" C'mon we'll be late for school" i say grabbing his hand and leading him out the door.

"how bout we ditch today?" He asks.

"where exactly would we go ?" I say.

"anywhere duh!" He exclaims.

We sneak out of the palace and past the gate back down to earth.

"Are you ready to partayy??" Dylan asks picking my up over his shoulder.

"put me down Dylan!" I say laughing.

Then I feel it. It hits me like a sack full of bricks.

Seth used to carry me like this. We used to play around and joke with each other like this.

Oh how my heart yearned for his smell, his laugh, his voice, his touch.

"Rosie are you ok?" Dylan asks as he puts me back on my feet.

"it's nothing Dylan." I say shaking it off.

In yhe next hour or so Dylan gets a taxi driver to take us to the beach not too far from where Seth lives.

"it's beautiful isn't it?" I say staring at the ocean.

"not as beautiful as you." He says.

We spend most of the day at the beach. Playing tag, splashing each other with sea water. It could've been labled as the perfect date.

But Dylan and I aren't dating.

He's like a brother to me. Plus my mate is Seth. Seth belongs here. With me.

"hey you hungry?" Dylan asks breaking my train of thought.

I didn't realize how hungry i was untill now.

"lets go get something to eat." He says.

It was about a mile walk to town. Not too far.

It was a nice little town with cute little shops.

"here we are" Dylan stops in front of a restaurant. I could tell already it was pretty crowded but it could've been Starbucks for all i care. Just as long as i don't starve to death.

We walk in and im instantly engulfed in a familiar sent.

Scarlett.

She's been here before.

"you feel that too?" Dylan asks. Dylan and I are much the same species. Wolf, vampire, god, only like my mother i have special gifts that cause some to see me as a witch.Dylan, well he can barely shift let alone use a gift, if he has one that is. Yup sometimes i think of we were in a pack he would be omega. he isn't a runt or anything. He's far from it.

But what he lacked in wolf, he made up for with his good looks and amazing war strategy.

Apparently, though, Dylan's wolf senses have been kicking in.

"hi table for two?" The waitress asks.

"yes please " i say, i see Dylan tense out of the corner of my eye.

"this way." She says.

"i don't like how they're staring at you Rosie" Dylan whispers in my ear as we follow the waitress to our table. I hadn't realized that practically every guy here was staring at me.

"what are you my father" i joke. We reach the table and take a seat. She hands us our menus and takes our order for drinks.

"I'm serious Rosie i can hear their thoughts." He says leaning closer.

"Dylan, are you getting possessive?" I ask.

"No" he says leaning back into his chair crossing his arms.

The waitresses comes back with our drinks and takes our order. I order a barbeque chicken pizza with macaroni and cheese. While Dylan practically orders the whole menu.

I never understood how someone could eat so much but be so toned.

"oh my god Rose?!?!" I hear someone scream.

"oh gods" Dylan mutters.

I turn around to see none other than Perri, Seth's sister.

"uhhhh hi Perri" i say.

"oh my god i can't believe your back, oh i missed you soo much." She says squeezing me. "when did you get back?"

"oh um I'm not staying. I'm not even supposed to be near here." I say.

"oh... Who's this?" The asks turning to Dylan.

"Dylan Jonas." Dylan says shaking Perri's,hand.

"Perri Manssen" Perri says. "he's cute" she whispers to me. "tell me Dylan are you a wolf?" She asks.

"part yes." He responds.

"total package!" She whisperes in my ear. "well i better get goin, it was nice to meet you Dylan" Perri says walking towards the exit where McKenzie and Nesslie we're standing. Nesslie smiled and waved while McKenzie just gave me the evil eye.

"what's that about ?" Dylan asks.

"nothing " i say just as our food comes.