The Return

After a series of bickering, we finally moved forward.

The more we approach the place, the more I felt that something bad was going to happen. Added to the tension was a clanging sound of metal that seemed like it was approaching us.

"Here it is. The room in the television." Uncle Hizashi got ready while Uncle held on to his scarf. I searched the room for possible threats, but there was nothing.

As I looked back at the corridor, I noticed claws clinging on the door. I was horrified as soon as I realized who it was.

"Shoot, he's behind us!" I shouted as I scan for any kind of weapon I can use, but to no luck.

"Ahhh, Ballor. Long time no see." I froze in place as I saw his approach us slowly. His claws that pierced through my skull reminded me of my death. I don't want to admit, but I wanna run away.

"It's you, William. It's been a long time, brother." Uncle Hizashi clenched his fists and remained still. He must be angry from all the stories that he's been hearing.

"You must be Vincent. I'm surprised that Ballor remained intact after all these years." He raised his hands and clutched it, then suddenly, Ballor dropped down on his knees, holding on his head for life. I quickly rushed to him together with Uncle Hizashi, while he was slowly walking towards us.

"What's wrong, Vince? Tell me, what's wrong?" Both of us panicked as I watched out for him.

"He's trying to take control of him!" The virus incident. It must be his doing. 

I stood up in anger and glared at him hard. "Why are you doing this?" 

"Terrence, shut your filthy mouth, you useless brat." I gritted my teeth in anger, causing it to bend.

"Don't act like we're relatives. You're just someone vengeful." Our distance was atleast one meter apart. I tried to distract him away from Uncle, but it looks like it wasn't working. He is still approaching us.

"Look how scared you are. If I really was just someone vengeful, why are you acting like that?" He stopped for a minute and observed us.

"PRESS THAT BUTTON BEFORE HE COMES!" I looked around to see Vanessa at the door, pointing at a button near the charging station. I took a glance at everything before controlling the button to press itself. Nothing happened.

"What is happening?" She exclaimed. His robotic laugh echoed throughout the room.

"So you now possess Lolbit. Interesting." It seemed that he released his influence out of Uncle. I watched him finally stand up and hold on his scarf. Uncle Hizashi sighed in relief and stood up, seemingly ready to attack.

I tried to connect the dots before standing still. He was now trying to get me.

"Quick, run away and press that button again!" She shouted.

"Terrence, run now! We'll take care of this!" Uncle shouted to me as Uncle Hizashi tackled Burntrap. My body moved on it's own and ran to Vanessa.

"Let's go, we need to run somewhere safe!" It was a hard pill to swallow that all I can do is run away.

"Terrence, whatever happens, we need to accept it. Now, let's go to the Atrium!" She held my arm and pulled me to run. 

"Why in the Atrium? There are people there!" I asked as we ran to the stairs, leading us to the first floor of the basement.

"We need to blend in with the crowd. Don't ask anything else, just follow me." She led me to another staircase and ran up. I remained silent and followed her, ending up in a room, which I know is near the entrance. We exited the room and turned to where the Atrium is. We ran straight, ignoring the scolds of the heroes around the area.

We stopped once we entered the Atrium, where everyone is watching the Glamrocks sing an ancient song, 'Let's Groove.'

"We need to wait here for a bit. Relax your mind before it comes."

"What's coming?" She shushed me and urged me to watch the Glamrocks dance.

As I watch more, something prompted me to go forward. I stared at Glamrock Freddy and felt familiarity in his aura. I kept approaching him, ignoring whatever is going on in the background.

"Who are you?" A hand gripped on my wrists and started pulling me back.

"Terrence, what's going on with you? The fire is spreading!" I notice Freddy look in my direction and stopped in his tracks. I kept moving forward despite the people around me running to the opposite direction, pushing me to move.

"Idiot, run away! Fire is in the building!" I ignored someone's comment and stopped in front of Freddy. I stood in silence for a minute, appreciating his presence and building the courage to ask.

"Are you perhaps, Michael?" I gulped, waiting for his answer.

"Terrence, is it really you?" I nodded, and he approached me in response. I opened my arms and welcomed his body and weight. I was happy after finally meeting him once again.

"Oh, how I missed you! You were gone for so long!" He said, still hugging me.

"Me too, Michael." He released himself from the hug and observed me.

"You don't really look like that, do you? You've become just like me." His sad tone bothered me.

"Michael, it's actually you? I... didn't know." Vanessa broke down in tears and covered her face.

"You must be Elizabeth. Come, you must have been so tired." We approached her and tried to comfort her.

"Sorry about everything! I-I..." I only noticed the fire around us when a nearby arcade machine exploded.

"Everyone, we should go out! The fire is everywhere!" I looked to the direction of the staircase and was relieved that both my uncles are currently intact and alive.

"Terrence, Vanessa, what are you doing out here? Let's go!" Uncle Vincent warned as Uncle Hizashi clung to him in dear life, his slash wounds out in the open and being contaminated by the fire.

"He's still chasing us! Quick, before he catches on!" Michael carried Vanessa and hurried to the door while I assisted Uncle in carrying Uncle Hizashi. His illusion disc looked like it was broken, so I tried to make it glitch since I'm good at using mine just yet.

"Thanks, Terrence." The glass door was inches away, but a sudden force tried to drag me away. It was none other than him.

"Let go of me!" I didn't have a choice but to stop. All three of us looked back to see William trying to dig his claws in my foot.

"William? So you're still here?" Michael ran to us and kicked William, dragging all three of us out of the place in the process.

"You disgraceful child!" He shouted as the three of us ran away from the building.

"Michael, let's go!" I said before looking back and seeing him being strangled by William.

"Uncle, we need to help Michael!" I tried to come back inside, but both of them held my wrists tightly and stopped me.

"Stop, we need to save him!" I cried out as I watched Michael being engulfed by the flames.

"I'm sorry, Terrence. They're right for stopping you." I showed a face of horror as I watched their faces trying not to cry.

"He-He's our brother! How could you!" I reached out once again, but he was nowhere to be found.