Home of Animatronics

Today is Tuesday, the field trip day. I didn't really care about it at first because I don't really wanna be around them, and I'm worried about leaving my mom alone, but she said to attend it for her sake, so I just have to go.

When Monday happened, I was really nervous about attending classes, turns out that they won't really remember a quirkless nobody. What a relief.

Anyway, this is the first time that I'm attending a field trip, and that I'm actually looking forward for it because of the man that I met last Friday.

I actually took his advice and started exercising and choosing a right weapon for me. I wielded every single one and chose nothing because I actually have a talent at wielding all of them. My mom was really happy when she learned of that.

"Didn't expect to see you here, nerd." That's Kacchan's voice.

"Oh hi, K-Kacchan!" I expected to get insulted, but he walked past me and sat somewhere else. I must be a nuisance for his happy day. Oh well.

Moving on, I looked for Uncle Shota to see if he's in this bus when I saw something that caught my eyesight. He was at a different bus waving at me. I waved back at him and sat back down my seat, sighing. Too bad. I'll just go to him if I ever have a chance.

I looked at my phone and wore my earphones, scrolling through my apps to see if there's anything to do, until I spotted an article in a widget.

A SLUDGE VILLAIN WAS FOUND HOLDING A STUDENT HOSTAGE, ALL MIGHT CAME TO RESCUE

I opened the article to see All Might and other heroes around the villain. The victim's face wasn't recognizable because they were under a tunnel.

I felt a bit sad because the victim looked like they were in pain. By the time this happened, I was just at the opposite way.

Although I have a really bad feeling, I just pushed it aside and fanboyed over All Might and how he rescued the victim without any casualties even in the surroundings.

Oh my, I fanboyed for too long that we're already in the airport. I hurriedly stood up and ignored my classmates as I exited the bus and looked for Uncle Shota. Found him in the bus where he was in.

"Hey kid, you're really eager to see me, huh?" That weird feeling is there again.

"Pretty much. You're the very first who approached me, so it's natural that I get attached to you." He sighed and facepalmed.

"Do I really look approachable to you? Forget about that, we just talked for an hour like two days ago and you're already attached to me. There's something wrong with you."

"Of course there's something wrong with me. I literally have no friends." Oh wait, I forgot about Kacchan!

"That's a valid excuse, but you shouldn't be like this to others. They might use you, ya know?" I laughed humbly.

"Trust me, I will know if they're using me or not. They're kinda obvious to me."

"You have a point."

"So, I'm gonna be sitting next to you on the plane, is that alright?" I wasn't that expectant, but he really was the only reason why I'm looking forward for this trip.

"I'm in the staff only area at the back of the airplane, but I'll make space for you. Some staff also brought their children with them so that should be okay." They must have stuffed some children in the luggage area if everyone can fit in one plane.

"Thanks, Uncle Shota!"

"Kid, don't forget that I'm also a teacher!"

------------------------------------------------------------

Three days has passed with Uncle Shota. Although he's older than me, it reminds me of how my relationship with Kacchan would be if I had a quirk.

As I walked to the baggage counter, my head suddenly rang which Uncle Shota took notice.

"Problem child, are you okay?" I nodded my head and took my bag.

"Kid, how do you know that song?" Huh?

"Song? What song?"

"The one that you're humming just now. Where did you learn that?" I was... humming? I didn't notice that.

"What song? Sorry I didn't notice I was humming." He looked around for a second before looking at me.

"Stay close to me. Tell me if your head hurts, alright?" Something is wrong. He looks like he's on guard.

"What's wrong? Is there a villain attack or something?" He shook his head and sighed.

"You heard about the kidnappings here in Utah, right? They say it's been going on for so many decades now, even way before quirks manifested. I'm just on guard in case they attack. It's why pro heroes are here in the first place." I nodded my head as we continue walking towards the exit of the airport.

"Izuku, Welcome to Utah!" I frowned as the wind blew on my face. I looked at every corner that my eyes can see.

"Uncle Shota, this is the first time I've been here, so why do I feel nostalgia?" I see him glance away before looking back at me.

"Maybe there's something familiar in the atmosphere way back in Japan. Let's go, you must be tired. I'll talk to your teacher so that you can sleep in my room instead." I refuse. I wanna see more.

"Can I explore a bit more? I wanna see what's in this city before going to sleep." He glared at me and crossed his arms.

"There will be plenty of time to explore tomorrow. Wandering here at night is dangerous." I breathed in defeat and followed him to the bus on the way to the hotel.

As the crowd walked in, the scent of luxuriousness welcomed us in, along with a tall, golden chandelier hanging above the high ceiling.

"Welcome to the Grand Fritz Hotel, where your life needs are met! You may proceed in the counter to get the keys to your rooms. Thank you for listening and have a good night here in our hotel!" Everyone stared at awe when a bot talked and welcomed us in.

"That's so cool! Imagine how hard it is to build that!" I cheered and looked at Uncle Shota, who just frowned at the robot and shot it with a weird look before looking back at me.

"I just don't like robots. Imagine being built with a consciousness and just stuck doing that for eternity." Weird.

"They have a consciousness?" He just looked away and never answered my question.

"Whatever. Let's just get with it and sleep. My back hurts for sleeping like that in three days."

"Oh, alright."