Making Amends

Peter had just watched Adriana bolt out of the meeting room, she was definitely upset about what he had told her about her alternate self, and he was sure that she was crying as well.

'Dammit. I shouldn't have laid that all on her right away.' Peter berated himself.

He knew there was nothing good to say about her other self so he should have been more careful with what he said to her.

'I should apologise... or at the very least make sure she's okay. Huh... but I may end up making things worse.' Peter relented as he left the meeting room in pursuit of Soria.

He made his way all the way back to the female living quarters and stood outside Sorias room once again.

'Huh. Here goes.' He says to himself before knocking on the door. "Soria, it's me. Peter, can you let me in please." He said calmly.

He didn't hear a response but when he got closer to the door he heard the faintest sounds of someone sobbing. 'I knew it.' He thought sadly.

"Soria... I just wanna say... I'm sorry. About everything. I know it's not what you wanted to hear but... I... I don't see you like her... you're different than she is. So I don't hold anything against you." He said through the door hoping she was listening.

The sobbing had died down a little and he hoped it whatever he was saying was working.

"You... m-mean it?" She asked lowly although he could still hear her.

"Yes. I saw the picture in your room, of you and... the other Peter. And what everyone has told me... I can tell you were close." He said knowing that she cared for him and that in this world he was in several relationships.

The door opened suddenly and there stood Adriana with tears in her eyes and dried streaks of tears down her cheeks.

"He was my Spider-King." She said looking him in the eyes.

"I know." Was all he said.

Adriana buried her head into his chest and let whatever tears left to fall while he placed his arms around her.

"It's gonna be alright, okay?" He comforted to which she simply nodded against his chest.

"Good." He breathed out.

Briefly separating from him Adriana gave Peter quick peck on the lips, although brief, Peter felt a connection similar to the one he felt when he first met Adriana and Cindy. The Web binding them together.

"Thank you Peter." She replied gratefully. "It... meant a lot to me." She said before stepping back into her room.

"I just need some time... okay?" She said before slowly closing her door.

Peter accepted her gratitude and understood that now she needs the time to come around.

Peter left Adriana alone for now and went off into the base to sit down and relax for a while. However on his way a thought occurred to him, 'Maybe nows a good time to talk to Lorena and Alice, try to clear the air between us.'

Lorena had previously shown some light affection towards him when Gwen and MJ broke into their base, but Alice on the other hand had yet to show anything to him. He would go as far as to say that he thinks she even hates him.

Being preoccupied with his thoughts about Lorena and Alice, Peter didn't hear his name being called out repeatedly by Felicia.

"Hey, Peter." She said getting in front of him bringing him out of his head.

"Oh Felicia. What's up?" He asked.

"Just wondering how things went with Adriana?" She asked sympathetically.