Completing Ultron

After Peters not so friendly chat with Adriana he made his way to the lab to hopefully finish the process of creating Ultron. When he said it out loud to himself he couldn't help but feel weird knowing that Ultron was the villain in his world, and that the possibility that he could still turn out that way was something he did consider when they first agreed to retrieving him.

The doors opened and Otto was already inside at the work bench with the rest of Ultrons body completed, they had to finish the programming of the AI and fully assemble it so it was in working order.

"Morning Otto." He greeted walking in.

"Good morning Peter. Have a nice rest?" He greeted.

"Yep, but a not so nice morning." He said drained.

"Yes, I believe Adriana wanted to speak with you. Sorry for not giving you a heads up on that." He apologise knowing the Spider Queen was coming.

"It's fine Otto. So... how's Ultron coming along?" He changed the subject to their nearly completed project.

"Everything's looking fine so far. The body is ready for assembly and the AI to be uploaded directly into the neural network." He said showing the individual parts on the table.

"Great. Let me open up the programme and see what we have to work with." He said operating the console.

Peter examines every piece of code that was meant for Ultrons programming and prime directive. He also made sure that he had his full capabilities and was allowed his freedom, the last thing he wanted was for the synthezoid to feel trapped and enslaved to then layer rebel.

No. Peter wanted Ultron to be free and understand humanity and what it could accomplish, unlike his Ultron were he deemed humanity a failure and wanted to reign as a robotic overlord.

"Everything looks good here Otto. Just some finishing touches and we can start the uplink to the neural network." Peter called out happy with the progress.

Otto had a moments hesitation when Peter announced the near completion of the AI. As a scientist he was excited for the possibilities and the experience but the possible threat that Ultron provided and the knowledge that in Peters old universe Ultron was a villain made him have some reservations.

"Peter... are you sure we should be going through with this?" Otto asked skeptically.

"Otto?" He questioned where this was coming from.

"Ultron... what if... he turns out like your Ultron. What do we do then?" He asked a very real concern.

Peter understood his reservation on Ultron. They were basically creating a highly advanced AI that could end up destroying the world. Not unlike his worlds Avengers who tried to do the same thing.

"Otto... I know you have your doubts about Ultron. And if something goes wrong... I will spend everyday that I'm here making up for it. But please... trust me that I know what I'm doing, and that Ultron can be a force for good." He pleaded his case.

Otto thought it over and couldn't deny that Peter, no matter the universe, will always be Peter. The optimistic scientist and hero who wanted to help, a dear friend who he shared the latest in scientific discovery, a member of their makeshift family.

"I trust you Peter. Let's start it up." Otto joined him at the console.

With one final sequence of keystrokes the AI was ready and began to be connected to the head of the Ultron body.

"Now... we wait... and see what happens." Peter says as he watches the uplink percentage slowly work it's way up.

"So... what did Adriana want to talk to you about?" Otto asked wanting to pass the time.