The Storm Rages On

No one was sure what had happened or how it started, there was just an explosion and then all hell broke loose.

They were busy enjoying their party, drinking, dancing, some idle chitchat and Stark and Barton failing to try and pick up women. Barton was quickly rejected by almost everyone he approached after word got out after how he basically manipulated Spider-Woman from the Phoenix event. And Stark was so full of himself he always steered the conversation back to him and his supposed greatness, going so far as to try and pick up Emma Frost herself.

To say the least Stark got off easy as Emma was more than capable of destroying his mind with her telepathic powers or hitting him while she was in her diamond form for extra damage, but she was concerned over the possibility that Jean still possessed the Phoenix and that it apparently was distressed about something.

They partied on and on when there was an explosion, or rather a series of explosions, that not only targeted the Avengers tower itself but the surrounding area of the city.

Such an action caused the heroes to group together and fight against whoever decided to attack them.

The mutants were the first to head into action, not needing the time to suit up or prepare, whereas Tony had to suit up, Clint needed to fetch his bow and arrows, Steve was quicker on the draw with his shield nearby and a few others who needed to pull themselves together after the partying they had been doing.

Jen, Carol and Janet jumped down from the broken windows on the tower to the streets below, along with the mutants and whichever heroes that had left to face whoever was targeting them.

Stood in front of the heroes were villains, and not just any villains, these were villains that were frequent fliers for one Spider-Man.

Led by Doc Ock, the heroes faced off against him and a plethora of villains from Spider-Man's rouges gallery, and they were ready to fight.

"Welcome Avengers... to your defeat." The scientist greeted menacingly.

"We don't what your planning Octavius but your going down and headed back to the Raft." Steve proclaimed.

"You cannot stop us Captain. Without Spider-Man here to stop us we shall reign supreme over this city." Otto boasted.

"If that imbecile could stop the likes of you, you will be no threat to us." Hank Pym countered.

"You have it all wrong. It is YOU who are no threat to US." Otto said.

"Enough talk. Now we fight." Cyclops said readying his optic blast.

"Right you are." Was all that was said by Otto before he and the rest of the villains charged forward.

The Avengers followed suit and ran to confront the villains. Some who can use ranged attacks began with preemptive strikes, such as Electro using lightning blasts and Sandman send large waves of sand to blind and encase some of the heroes on the ground.

Retaliating this were the likes of Carol Danvers who utilised her cosmic blasts much to same effect of Electro but with the added bonus that she could absorb his attacks to power herself.

Cyclops and Storm used their mutant powers to aid in taking down some of the villains with storm calling down lightning strikes and Cyclops picking off targets with his optic blasts.

Colossus ran ahead to fight the villains head on but he was met with a charging Rhino and the two large men collided and traded blows, Rhino used more tackling and grabbing whereas Colossus went to brawl and used his metal covered body to inflict more damage upon Rhino.

The two had a pretty close stalemate but the villains changed up their tactics of reckless destruction to employing teamwork. Electro in this case separated from simple blasts on the groups of heroes and focused a large blast on Colossus once Rhino had gotten some distance. The electricity flowing throw Colossus was intensified by his steel like skin being conductive to electricity immobilising him after the attack had subsided.