Chapter 57: I was right

All hell breaks loose part two 1

Dean and Alexis starred at Sams dead body that lay on an old mattress in one if the abandoned houses.

"Dean, let me try again. I-I can do it. I'll save him." Alexis looks at Dean.

Before Dean could reply Bobby walked in, calling out. "Dean? Alex? Brought you this back." Bobby held up the bucket of chicken.

"No thanks, I'm fine." Dean tells him.

"I haven't been able into eat in a week and half. That's hasn't changed." Alexis blinks away the tears.

"You should eat something."

"I said I'm fine." Dean turns, walking to the table where Bobby stood.

"Dean. I hate to bring this up, I really do. But don't you think maybe its time...we bury Sam?"

"No." Dean sits down.

"Well, maybe we could--"

"What, torch his corpse? Not yet."

Bobby leans against the table. "I want you to come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Dean, please."

"Would you cut me some slack?"

"I just don't think you two should be alone, that's all. I gotta admit, I could use your help. Something big is going down. End of the world big."

"Well, then let it end!" Dean yells. Alexis flinches. This is your fault. You couldn't save him.

"You don't mean that."

Dean stands up, stepping toward Bobby. "You don't think so? Huh? You don't think I've given enough? You don't think I've paid enough? I'm done with it. All of it. If you knew what's good for you, turn around and get the hell outta here. Go!" Dean pushes Bobby toward the door.

"Dean." Alexis sighs, giving him a look.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Dean whispers, taking a step back. "Please just go."

"You know where I'll be." Bobby turns around and walks out the door. Alexis glances at Dean, who stood at the table. She walked up behind him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"I'm so sorry, Dean." She whispers, resting her forehead between his shoulder blades.

~~~

Alexis stood up, she couldn't sit here anymore. She couldn't just watch Dean hurt. She couldn't stare at Sams dead body. She hated the guilt that ate at her. She had to fix this. One way or another.

Alexis kneels down in front of Dean. "Hey, I'll be back in a little while, okay?" She presses her lips to his cheek, hoping maybe that her power would come back and take his pain. She wasn't sure if that's how it worked, but she prayed it was.

~~~

Alexis covered the box with gravel before standing up. She looked around, waiting. She taps her fingers against her thigh. This is how I fix it. This will stop all the pain.