Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam

Bloodlust 1

Alexis screams as she jumps awake, sweat rolling down her face and neck as the vivid images replay in her head. The door swings open and a panicked Sam, Dean, and Bobby stand there.

Alexis wipes away the tears that were falling, her chest heaving up and down as she tries to get her breathing under control.

"Lexi, darlin', what's wrong? What happened?" Dean moves closer to her.

"It...uh..." She shakes her head. "just a...uh, nightmare. You can go back to bed. I'm fine."

"You sure?" Sam and Bobby ask as Dean sits down on the edge of Alexis' bed and reaches out to set a hand on her arm.

"Yeah, go, go." Alexis breaths out, nodding toward the door. Sam and Bobby listen. "Go back to bed, Dean. I'm good."

"Darlin', this wasn't an ordinary nightmare. You never wake up screaming. Tell me."

Alexis swallows. "I..I dreamt that-that-I seen Sam being stabbed in the back. Literally. And....I seen-I seen you....you were, uh, you were being...." Her voice shakes. "you were being ripped....apart, uh, by some...invisible...t-thing. Weird thing is, I-I could almost see it. It-uh-it kept flashing in and out. Like one-one minute I could see it and the next I couldn't. And I couldn't get to either of you in time. Its like I felt myself trying to get to Sam and you, but I couldn't. I just wasn't' fast enough to save Sam. And-and with you...I, um, its like I was being held back by some force." Tear fall from her eyes.

Dean reaches up, brushing them away with the pad of his thumb. "Hey, hey, look at me. Its fine. They're just dreams. Everything's okay."

Alexis nods her head, but couldn't shake the feeling that they were more than dreams. "It just felt so....real."

"I know, I know, but nothing happened. Its okay." Dean reassures her.

"I'm fine now. Go get some sleep, Dean."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." Alexis lays back down and Dean stands up. "Wait." Alexis calls out, grabbing his arm. No, you weren't supposed to do that, she scolds herself.

"Yeah?"

"Will you...stay..with me?" Alexis mentally kicks herself.

Dean is quiet for a second making Alexis internally panic. "Yeah." He nods.

Alexis moves over and Dean slips into bed beside her. Alexis was awkwardly trying to keep her distance, but Dean pulls her close and she rests her head on his chest.

Alexis sighs as Dean starts tracing mindless patterns on her upper arm. She hesitantly sets her arm over his waist.

"Lex, don't worry about those dreams, okay? It'll be fine." Deans voice vibrates through his chest.

Alexis nods. "Thank you, Dean."

"No problem." He mutters, enjoying the fact that she's in his arms. Soon enough the two fall back to sleep, comforting each other. Whether they knew it or not.

~~~

Back in black plays on the radio as Alexis watches the fields pass in a blur.

"Woo!' Deans excited voice makes Alexis jump and her eyes shoot open. "Listen to her purr. You ever heard anything so sweet?"

"You know, if you two wanna get a room, just let me know." Sam looks over at his brother.

"Yeah..." Alexis trails off, not having the energy to make a joke. She wanted to but she was exhausted. Between the nightmares and whatever the hell is going on with her, plus her moms books and journal; she didn't have any energy left.