Chapter 36: Just kill me

This one does not follow an episode

Deans knuckles turned white as his gripped the steering wheel. "I care know how you track her, just do it!" He practically yells into the phone at Ash.

"Okay, okay. On it." Ash replies. Dean hangs up the phone.

"You've called everybody?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Ash, Ellen, Bobby. Everyone we know. Vivian. Anybody. No one's seen her." Dean doesn't take his eyes off the road. "How could I let her leave?"

"Its not your fault." Sam tells his brother. After a few seconds of silence Sam looks at Dean. "Man, what if she did write that letter? What if she really did just need time to herself?"

"No." Dean glare at Sam. "Hell no. She would've told me. She-she wouldn't have done it like that."

"Dean--"

"No, Sam!" Dean yells. "Someone's got her. She didn't write that out if her own free will, I know it."

"Dean, I'm just sayin'. This wouldn't be the first time she tried to leave, and I mean, with everything going on...Maybe she finally did."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? Huh?"

"Dean, think about it. You remember when Cassie called and we went to help her? Alex almost left then. Did you ever wonder why?"

"Of course I did. You told me that she was under a lot of stress and she found a lead on something in her Moms journal. What's that got to do with any of this?"

"Because it was more to it than that." Sam says. "Yeah, she was under a lot of stress. Which she is now. And she was also leaving because she couldn't watch you get back together with Cassie. She has feelings for you, Dean. Lately, she's been stressing more and more and then you kinda blew her off after Andy mind controlled you. You admitted to having feelings for her and, as far as I know, nothing came of that."

Dean scoffs. "That's bullshit. Sam, I know Lexi. Something's wrong."

Sam sighs. "Well, while I'm spilling the truth, I've got something else to tell you."

"What?"

"I don't think you know Alex as well as you think."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks, finally glancing at Sam.

"I just get a feeling. Kinda like the ones when I have my visions."

"What, that's ridiculous. What are you saying, that Lexi's working for the demon or something?" Dean scoffs. "No."

"Not that. But it's something. I mean, come on, you don't think some thing's have been weird?"

"No, Sam. I don't know what the hell you're thinking, but you're wrong." Dean shakes his head.

~~~

When Alexis finally came to, she groans. She was sure her head was going to explode. She barely opened her eyes when she felt a sharp blade touch her side. She glances down to see a box cutter pressing into her skin.