Chapter 35: I never will

This one does not follow an episode

"Where the hell could she be?" Dean paces the floor, running a hand over his face. "She was supposed to be back over an hour ago."

"Did you call Mae? Maybe she lost track of time." Sam suggests, trying to reassure his brother.

"I called her after I called Lexi more than a million times. Mae said she left. Somethings wrong." Dean says, his frustration growing. He could feel it bubbling inside of him.

"Alright, well, we know she hasn't been arrested. That woulda been on the news." Sam watches as Dean continues to pace.

"Her being in jail would've been a good thing. We could bust her out. I'm telling you, somethings wrong." Dean insists.

"Dean, we looked. Everywhere she could be and she wasn't."

"You're not helping, Sam." Dean glares at his brother.

A knock on the door grabs the brothers attention. A envelope slips under the door and the shadow disappears. Dean opens the door, looking out. "No one." He states, bending down to pick up the letter.

Dean sits down at the table, opening the blank envelope. His eyes scan the words in Alexis' hand-writing. "Something's definitely wrong."

"What? What does it say?"

Dean doesn't answer, he slams the letter down on the table. "I'm going to find Lexi." He stands up and walks out the door, slamming it behind him.

Sam picks up the paper.

Sam, Dean

I know this is sudden, but I'm leaving. I can't stay with the two of you anymore. Don't try to find me, please, don't. You won't be able to. No one will. I'm sorry, but I have to leave. Goodbye.

-Alexis

~~~

The next time Lee came into the room with Alexis' cousin Mick.

Alexis wasn't sure how long she'd been here, but her head felt like it might explode. She had bruises on her wrists from the ropes and more up her arms. Along with welts from the whip.

Those came from her not agreeing to write what her uncle wanted, but eventually she gave in.

"So," Lee sits down in the chair in front of her. The table had been moved, there was nothing between them now. "ready to talk?"

"About what? Your receding hairline or the fact that you can't even kidnap someone on your own anymore? You have to have some random dickhead to do it." Alexis tilts her head slightly. Lee sneers at her.

"About why you abandoned our- your own family and the beliefs you were raised with. About that whore of a mother that brought you into the world. About what the hell you are. Go ahead, take your pick," Lee says.

"One, you never were my family. Two, I don't have a clue what you're talking about."

Lee sighs. "You always were a stubborn girl. I see some things never change." He stands up, moving toward the table that sat a few feet away. He picks up a knife, twirling it between his fingers.