Chapter 17: We love summoning demons

Crossroad Blues 1

"So much for our low profile." Sam says as the four of them sit in a restaurant. "You two have a warrant in St. Louis. You're officially in the Feds' database."

"Dude, I'm like Dillinger or something." Dean smiles. Alexis elbows him in the side, smiling a little as he draws circles on her shoulder with his thumb. His arm was resting on the back of the seat just above her shoulder.

"Now I'm officially a murderer in everyone's eyes. Life goal accomplished." Alexis pushes the empty plate forward a little.

"I thought your life goal was to steal Deans car." Vivian looks up at her.

"A person can have more than one life goal."

"Guys, its not funny. Makes the job harder, we gotta be more careful now." Sam tells the two.

Vivian scoffs. "God, you're so uptight."

"What do they got on you?" Dean questions.

"I'm sure they just haven't posted it yet." Sam mutters, looking back at the laptop screen.

"Wait, no accessory? Nothing?" Dean asks.

"Shut up." Sam rolls his eyes.

Dean laughs. "You're jealous."

"You're jealous that you're not a criminal. You're an uptight smartass." Vivian leans back in her seat. Alexis laughs a little.

"No, I'm not."

"Uh-huh." Dean glances over at Alexis as she steals a french fry from his plate. "Alright, what do you got on the case there, you innocent, harmless, young man, you?"

"'Architect Sean Boyden plummeted to his death from the roof of his home a condominium he designed.'" Sam reads the paper in his hands.

"Build a high-rise and jump off the top of it. Classy."

"And animal control? When did he call them?" Alexis asks.

"Two days earlier." Sam states.

"Did he actually say black dog?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods. "'Vicious, wild black dog.' The authorities couldn't find it, no one else saw it."

"A dog almost tried to kill me when I was a kid. Almost bit my eye out. It was traumatic. Hey, why do y'all have papers around greasy food? " Vivian asks.

"In fact, authorities are confused as to how a wild dog could get past a doorman, take the elevator and roam the halls of the cushiest joint in town. After that, no more calls, he doesn't show up for work. Two days later he takes the swan dive." Sam continues.

"You think we're dealing with an actual black dog?" Dean asks.

"Well, maybe."

"Ten bucks says it not a black dog." Alexis mumbles.

"I could be the same black dog that tried to bite my eye out as a kid. Nevermind, it can't be. That dog had brown fur." Vivian says more to herself than the others.

"What's the lore on it?" Dean looks up at Sam.

"Its vague. There are spectral black dogs all over the world. Some say they're animal spirits, others, death omens. But anyways, whatever they are, they're big, nasty-"

"Yeah, I bet they could hump the crap outta your leg. Look at that one." Dean turns the paper to Sam. Alexis elbows Dean in the side.

"Shut the hell up." She hisses.