Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise

Everybody loves a clown 1

Alexis stood next to the brothers as they watched John's body burn. Alexis slips her hand into Deans, giving it a squeeze.

"Before he-before he-" Sam pauses. "Did he say anything to you? About anything?"

Dean is silent for a few seconds. "No. Nothing."

Alexis squeezes his hands again, he was lying. But Alexis didn't care. She would be there for him and Sam. She didn't know how she would help, but she would figure it out.

~~~

It had been one week since John's death and Alexis watches out of Bobby's window. Her eyes trained on Dean, who's was fixing the impala. She had already been out there five or six times today, but Dean was pushing her away. She plays with the end of her recently cut hair, it now went down to her shoulders, she needs an excuse to go out there.

Of course she would be lying if she said watching him fix the car from afar didn't have its perks. She shakes her head, making those thoughts disappear. So maybe this was more than a crush that would go away. Alexis had accepted it now. She had feelings for Dean Winchester. Just few though. Nothing serious, right?

Then she sees Sam walk out there. Alexis sighs, tapping her fingers against her thigh as she pushes herself away from the window.

"You still staring at Dean?" Bobby asks her as she walks in the kitchen.

Alexis rolls her eyes. "I'm making sure he's okay." She grabs a beer from the refrigerator. "I'm worried about him," She leans against the counter. "he's pushing me away. Whenever I try to talk to him its like pulling teeth just to get him to say more than two or three words."

Bobby sighs. "He just needs time."

"I know, but I can't stand seeing him like this."

Alexis heard the door slam. She walks toward it.

"Anything?" She asks Sam.

"Well, we're going to see who this Ellen is." Sam says. Alexis nods.

~~~

'Harvelle's Roadhouse', the sign read. The van came to a stop.

"God, I hate this thing." Alexis mutters, opening the car door.

"This is humiliating." Dean complains as the three get out of the car. "I feel like a friggin' soccer mom."

"Its the only car Bobby had running." Sam tells the two as they walk toward the door. "Hello? Anybody here?"

"Hey." Dean calls out after looking through the window.

"Yeah?"

"Did you bring the -"

"Of course." Sam throws Dean the lock pick.

Dean gets the door open and they walk in. The three walk around until a person laying asleep on the pool table catches their attention.

"This seems promising." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"Hey, buddy." Sam calls out. "I'm guessing that isn't Ellen."

"Yeah." Dean replies. Sam walks off to the back room. Dean wanders back to the middle of the room Alexis went behind the bar and grabs a bottle of whiskey before walking back over to Dean. The two face the door where Sam had went. Alexis takes a sip of whiskey before handing the bottle to Dean.