Chapter 27: But what do I get

Playthings 3

Dean and Alexis walk into the hotel room. Sam groans from his spot in the bathroom.

"How ya feeling, Sammy?" Dean laughs, taking of his coat. "I guess mixing whiskey and Jager wasn't such a gangbuster idea, was it? I'll bet you don't remember a thing from last night, do you?"

Sam groans. "I can still taste the tequila."

Alexis laughs, sitting on her knees on the bed as Dean nods his head, relief flooding his feature.

"You know there's a really good hangover remedy. Its, uh, greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray." Dean says.

"Oh, I hate you." Sam moans.

"I know you do. Hey, turns out when Grandma Rose was a tyke she had a Creole nanny who wore a hoodoo necklace. Ugh." Dean leans against the doorway to the bathroom where Sam sat on the floor.

"So you think she taught Rose hoodoo?" Sam asks.

"Yes, we do." Alexis calls out.

"Alright." Sam stands up. "I think its time we talked to Rose."

"You need to brush your teeth first." Dean says.

~~~

Sam knocks on the door. "Hello? Susan?" After a few seconds of silence Sam asks, "Clear?"

"Mm-hm." Dean hums, glancing down the hall.

Sam picks the lock, opens the door and walks in, Dean following behind him.

"Oh no, I'm not going back in there." Alexis doesn't move from the doorway.

"Why? The dolls gonna try to kill you?" Dean glances back at her, he was joking with her.

"They have before, and they will again." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Come on, we don't have time for this." Sam rolls his eyes from across the room.

Dean walks back to Alexis. "I won't let 'em kill you. I'll protect you." He sets an arm around her shoulder. "Who else would aggravate the crap outta me if you were gone?"

He meant it. He would do everything in his power to keep her safe. He knew she could protect herself, and she didn't need someone to make sure she was okay. But he still planned on always being there to make sure no harm came to her. It didn't matter what it was, he would be there. It could be the biggest, baddest demon or the smallest spider, Dean would be there.

Alexis rolls her eyes, letting Dean guide her in the room. "God, I hate those things." She glares at the shelf full of dolls.

"They won't hurt you." Dean tells her as they walk toward the attic door. He wouldn't let them.

Dean slowly opens the attic door, making his way up the steps. Sam and Alexis follow. The reach the top and a door was slightly open.

Dean pushes open the door. A woman sat in a wheelchair, starring out the window as it rained.

"Mrs. Thompson?" Sam calls out. "Mrs. Thompson?"