Chapter 39: Its shitty here

Born under a bad sign 2

Dean was now panicking. He and Alexis were wiping their prints off of anything and everything while Sam sat still at the desk.

"How do you erase this, huh?" Dean asks, pointing to the computer. "Sam, come on, I need your help."

"I killed him, Dean. I just broke in and killed him."

"Listen to me. Whoever this guy is, he's a hunter. Other hunters are gonna come looking for his killer. Which means we gotta cover our tracks, okay?"

"Deans right, Sam. I know it hurts, trust me I know, but we don't have time to sulk." Alexis gave him a look.

"His name was Steve Wandel. This is a letter from his daughter." Sam exhales, dropping the letter onto the desk. Dean picks up the computer, throwing it to the floor causing Sam and Alexis to jump.

Dean throws Sam a cloth. "Wipe your prints. Then we go."

~~~

Alexis closes the motel door behind her.

"Alright, we get a couple hours of sleep, then we put the place in our rear view mirror." Dean says, dropping the duffle bag on the bed. "Look, I know this is bad, okay? You gotta snap outta it."

Alexis sits down by the window, leaning her head against the glass.

"Sam, say something."

"We should get some sleep and leave in the morning?" Sam shrugs. "Murder, Dean. That's what I did."

"Maybe, okay? Hey, we don't know--shapeshifter."

"Oh, come on. You know it wasn't. You saw the tape. There was no eye flare, no distortion."

"But it wasn't you." Dean insists. "Alright. Yeah, it might've been you but it wasn't you."

"I think it was."

"Coulda been possession." Alexis mumbles to herself, neither of the brothers heard her.

"I think maybe more than you know." Sam sits down.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"For the last few weeks, I've been having....I've been having these feelings."

"What feelings?"

"Rage. Hate." Sam says as Dean sits down across from him. "And I can't stop it. It just gets worse. Day by day, it gets worse."

"You never told me this."

"I didn't wanna scare you and we had a lot of other stuff going on." Sam glances at Alexis, who knew she was what that 'other stuff' was. A tightness filled her chest. This is your fault, the voice tells her.

"Well, bang up job on that." Dean stands up.

"Dean, the yellow eyed demon, you know he has plans for me. We know he's turned other children into killers before too."

"No one can control you but you."

"Doesn't seem like it. It feels like no matter what I do, slowly but surely....I'm just--I'm becoming--"