Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life

No exist 2

"Wait, Sam, where's the coffee? And the food? You are so not my favorite anymore." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"There are cops outside." Sam states. "Someone else disappeared."

"You know, I've been panicking for the last, like, 12 hours. I just had a really bad feeling." Alexis really has been. The sinking feeling in her gut grew as the night went on and turned to day.

~~~

Dean and Alexis walk back into the apartment.

"What was the apartment like?" Jo asks.

"Cracks all over the plaster, walls, ceiling. There was ectoplasm too."

"It was Mae. She went missing. Mae's mom reported her missing after her work called when Mae didn't show up or answer the phone. This is bad." Alexis starts to tap her fingers against her thigh. This was all Alexis' fault. She killed her friend.

"Between that and the hair, I'd say this suckers coming from the walls." Sam says.

"Wow, you think?" Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, but who is it? Buildings history is totally clean." Dean glances at Alexis.

Jo picks up a picture that sat on the table filled with paper. "Maybe we're looking in the wrong place."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"Check this out." She hands him the picture.

"An empty field?" Sam asks.

"Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not sure that'll help." Alexis looks at the picture.

"Its where this building was built. Take a look at the one next door. The windows." Jo explains.

"Bars. Its a prison." Alexis realizes.

"We're next door to a prison?" Dean asks.

~~~

"That's right, I will. With pliers." Jo tells Ash through the phone. She walks back over to the others. "Okay, Moyamensing prison, built in 1835, torn down in 1963. And get this, they used to execute people by hanging them in the empty field next door."

"Sounds like my family, but more professional. And legal." Alexis mutters under her breath.

"Well, then, we need a list of all the people executed there." Sam says.

"Ash is already on it." Jo nods her head.

~~~

Dean leans over Alexis' shoulder as she sits beside Sam, who was scrolling through the names of people who were executed.

"A hundred fifty-seven names?" Sam asks.

"We gotta narrow that down." Dean states.

"Definitely." Alexis agrees, ignoring how she could feel Deans breath on her neck and the thoughts that provoked. Or, more like, the memories it brought up.

"Or else we're gonna be digging up a hell of a lot of stiffs." Dean continues. A name caught Alexis' eye as Sam continues to scroll through the list. Herman Webster Mudgett.

"Wait, wait, I know that name." Alexis hits Sams arm.

"Herman Webster Mudgett? You're right." Sam stops scrolling, clicking on the name.

"Yeah?" Jo asks.

"Wasn't that H.H. Holmes' real name?" Sam asks.

"You're right. It was. That's who it is." Alexis nods.